Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave's Favs #10

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    Last edited by Studedude; 12-14-2010, 06:10 PM.
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

I have pictures of that same car, in the same parking lot, at the same meet. April, 2000 in Memphis, Tennessee.

It seems that as a 10 year old, I was up close and personal with Sheba and didn't even realize it.

Comment

Someone did alot of work on the Yellow Studebaker and it paid off in a Beautiful car.

Comment

Very nice!
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I don't see much 50 +51 two door hardtops "if any" I do see some 52's , Ive had the opportunity to get my hands on a rough 52 2 door hardtop and had thoughts about making it into a Bullet nose. Which wouldn't be hard everything should be bolt on.

Comment

Will not see too many of them. None ever rolled off the assembly line. Pity.
            Converting a '52 only requires changing the front clip. Turning a '50 or '51 in to a HT would require sectioning the roof.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
              I have pictures of that same car, in the same parking lot, at the same meet. April, 2000 in Memphis, Tennessee.

It seems that as a 10 year old, I was up close and personal with Sheba and didn't even realize it.
              I don't think Dave would let you drive "Sheba" then, and it would ify now

Comment

front clip and the tail light housings and you have one.

Comment

Just add fins....and then what would you have?
                  Brian
                  Brian Woods
                  woodysrods@shaw.ca
                  1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

I'd seen a picture or two of this one before, but know nothing about it for the hardtop registry.
                    Anyone seen it lately?

Comment

Boy, there was certainly a lot of work put into that car. Reminds me of a custom you might have seen in the late '50's. I wonder if he got the paint from Jeff.
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Are you guys trying to imply that the car next to the yellow hardtop is Sheba? If so, it would have had to have been before it was modified, because it doesn't look like that now.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude
                          You were, indeed, very close. Seems to me, though that you were not as tolerate of Modifieds back then, so you probably paid her no mind.
                          I dunno.. I liked the car enough that I took a snapshot, and still have it! Even if it does show the gold spinners.

Sheba wasn't the car next to that '52, but she wasn't too far away..

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                            I dunno.. I liked the car enough that I took a snapshot, and still have it! Even if it does show the gold spinners.

Sheba wasn't the car next to that '52, but she wasn't too far away..
                            Okay, now I understand. And Dave's recent Fav hardtop is parked between the two coupes.
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

It is a beautiful car and the work done to blend the rear fenders into the body ect really make it a standout, but I wonder where are original 52 grill parts? The belt-line trim is painted so I presume it wasn't in good enough condition to re-chrome so perhaps the grill was to rough too. And I wonder why the 52 styling seems to have such limited appeal. There are many bullet-nosed conversions on both pre 50s and the 52s it sometimes seems there are more of them (BN) on the road now than when they were new. The guy I bought my 52 from offered in his second breath a bullet-nose to go with the car and seemed surprised that I didn't want it. He drives a 47 BC hot rod with a bullet-nose, and has the 47 nose clip complete which he would sell and a 51 2dr sedan (10G F3) without a front clip & doors in rough condition but with a clear title also for sale.

Comment

Working...
                              X