50 Champion Starlight on American Pickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Champion Starlight on American Pickers

There was a thread a few weeks ago about the guys on American Pickers buying a Studebaker and having it shipped back to their place in Iowa. FYI...I watched the episode last night and they finally sold it to someone for $3500. Sure seemed like a high price to me but 'beauty is in the eyes of the beholder'.

Barnum was right...
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by BBStude View Post
      There was a thread a few weeks ago about the guys on American Pickers buying a Studebaker and having it shipped back to their place in Iowa. FYI...I watched the episode last night and they finally sold it to someone for $3500. Sure seemed like a high price to me but 'beauty is in the eyes of the beholder'.
      If it had been a Starlight, the price would have been cheap, but as I recall, it was a 2 door sedan.
      JDP Maryland

Comment

The Stude sold on American Pickers was 2 door sedan, not a Starlight.
        JS
        I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

It was marked "$3500 OBO" on the windshield and the buyer didn't even try to negotiate the price down any with Danielle. What a dufus....
          1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Comment

Yes it was a sedan. Guess I've got Starlight on the brain. Been working on my dad's starlight too much.

Comment

Let's not forget it's a show. You can expect some deviation from reality in the script. My bet is no matter what was said, the price was under the $3500 discussed.

Of course, I may be the only one that doesn't believe what I see on TV.

Comment

That would be a great show if it didn't feel so "staged"

I can't imagine paying the bills by searching a barn for several hours and only buying one thing!!! I'd be packing up the (Mercedes) van...with a lot more

oh...and a little more respect for Danielle

Comment

Originally posted by StudeSchack View Post
                  oh...and a little more respect for Danielle
                  I hope you're kidding. Any woman with that many tattoos gets zero respect from me. She must have been high or drunk to do something that stupid....
                  Last edited by 50Champ; 08-03-2010, 06:44 PM.

Comment

I wish I could find that guy who bought it , I have a 57 Commander and a 53 M-45 I'd give him one Heck of a deal on. There is no way I'd pay that much for the shape that one was in.

It surprized me that he paid that much, I'm thinking he's going to wish he hadn't once he starts on it. I remember them loading it and the brakes were frooze up and it hasn't been started in years. I don't know who it was that bought it but I'm betting he's in for a real education if he bought it on impulse.

But I wish American Pickers luck, I owned a Wrecking yard for some years and for every good deal you get theres always one just around the corner ready to bite you. So good score for them. Between the price they paid for it then having it shipped back to their place they needed to make good on that one.

Comment

I find Tats a little better then some of the piercing I've seen people mutilate themselves with . But I must say to me her Tats are a bit to much and are a turn off for me.
                      Last edited by JunkYarDog; 08-05-2010, 05:59 PM.

Comment

If you missed seeing this car on TV, here it is:

Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by 50Champ View Post
                          I hope you're kidding. Any woman with that many tattoos gets zero respect from me. She must have been high or drunk to do something that stupid....
                          BS, tatoos are a personal choice and she seems like a great gal.
                          JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
                            BS, tatoos are a personal choice and she seems like a great gal.
                            I never said that she wasn't a "great gal" but she overdid it by getting way too many of them and ruined her body. She's probably a reformed drug addict who did it when she was wasted on meth or something similar. Pretty sad....

Comment

Anything sold while the cameras are rolling is suspect to me. You don't know if the buyer is clueless or if they are just going with the script.
                              As for the tattoo thing, I have met many people who wish they could undo them. It is strange to me that things that used to be associated with backwards countries or the less reputable folk have become mainstream and people waste their money to deface themselves.
                              "In the heart of Arkansas."
                              Searcy, Arkansas
                              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
                              X