Need info. on installing front ss molding for a 1951 champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info. on installing front ss molding for a 1951 champion

I have a person who is having problems installing his front SS to the rubber on his 1951 champion. I tried the research topic and could not find. Please advise on process

Hex head self tapping screws will do the job, how many people have seen something like this on nice studebaker trim pieces.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

Roy, email me. I can put you in touch with a guy that's done it. mbstude@gmail.com

Comment

I have a friend in Philly who is having the same problem this week with his SS w/shield trim molding, so i would like to get him in touch with an expert...

Comment

This question comes up fairly often. It makes me very reluctant to change the windshield in my car.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

A professional glass installer accomplished it on my '51 and on my friend's '52. He says he doesn't want to do it again.
            Craig Piper at Westmoreland Restorations in Blairsville, PA has produced many show winning Studes. He says he allows several hours for the task.
            Best to actually talk to someone who has made it happen. I have not.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

My car came to me with the top section out. Previous owner had given up. I fiddled with it from time to time. Then I got serious about it. Adopted Winston Churchill's attitude: Never give up. Never, never give up. Used a nylon winshield stick to pry with. Had sore fingers for three days. But I got it! Surprised me, too!
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

With the repro rubber windshield seal, it's as close to an impossible task as I have ever encountered. IF I try again, first I'll cover the whole car with blankets to protect the paint. Then plan on spending a few days. i couldn't even get mine started, let alone finished.
                Try it once, and you'll start thinking that Hex head screws seems like a pretty good option.

Comment

Working...
                X