Ontario eye-candy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ontario eye-candy

Went to a car show with the Lark Conv. in Pefferlaw, Ont. today. 180+ cars is a good turnout. Got to talk with Bob Suszek who had his 54 Champion there that was featured in June Turning Wheels. On the way back, on Ravenshoe Rd. near Keswick, I met the unmistakeable grill of a red Champ pick up pulling a huge house trailer. Even from a distance, neither of us could mistake the grills of the Lark or a Champ. We all waved enthusiastically as we passed. As I went by I realised it was indeed a red Champ with a low profile bed similar to a tow truck with a 5th wheel for the trailer. What a great Studebaker day, the odds of a Lark Regal conv. and a Champ pulling a 5th wheel house trailer meeting on the road here in Ontario are fairly remote. Any of you Ontario Stude nuts have an idea of who I met?
    sigpicJohn Esmonde
    Holland Landing, Ontario
    Canada
    \'62 Hawk
    \'60 Lark Regal Convertible
    \'30 Chev Coach

That would be Harley Timbers out of Sunderland, On . That truck is a '64 and sitting on a dodge frame with a Cummins deisel under the hood. Harley did a very nice job on thats truck . I talked him into having it judged at the International meet in Charlotte a few years ago . He was so happy to win a trophy with it back then .
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Thanks for the info. I had a feeling it must be someone close by. Now I know why it was able to pull a trailer like that.
      sigpicJohn Esmonde
      Holland Landing, Ontario
      Canada
      \'62 Hawk
      \'60 Lark Regal Convertible
      \'30 Chev Coach

Comment

John,

You are not alone in Ontario! Between the Ontario, Hamilton and AOAI members, there are well over 200 cars.

There are also at least 2 other original Stude trucks capable of pulling a large trailer.

Check out the websites and come on out to a club activity.

The website of the Ontario Studebaker Driving Club

Comment

Working...
        X