Hawks Fins need Bling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawks Fins need Bling

Hi, I have a 58 Packard Hawk, The gold Mylar inlay in the fins needs to be replaced. I contacted Studebaker International and they told me it was no longer available Would anyone have any knowledge or what I can do? Thanks, Frank/Maine Hawk

Have you tryed the Mopar parts vendors? I would think the Plymouth Fury and others had a same, or close enough Gold Foil.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Have you tryed the Mopar parts vendors? I would think the Plymouth Fury and others had a same, or close enough Gold Foil.

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

This Mylar has been reproduced at least a couple of times. You might get lucky and find a vendor or individual that still has enough for two fins. At least try all the major Studebaker vendors before you give up.

You can get it reproduced yourself, but you have to purchase a whole roll. I know that there was an outfit in Connecticut that made what I believe was the first reproduction run of Hawk Mylar. Some of it has a different pattern. By now, few know what the correct pattern is.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

This Mylar has been reproduced at least a couple of times. You might get lucky and find a vendor or individual that still has enough for two fins. At least try all the major Studebaker vendors before you give up.

You can get it reproduced yourself, but you have to purchase a whole roll. I know that there was an outfit in Connecticut that made what I believe was the first reproduction run of Hawk Mylar. Some of it has a different pattern. By now, few know what the correct pattern is.

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
          X