Gord's in town!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gord's in town!

Gord stopped by for a couple of days on his way to Portland. He picked up his new '41 Champion Opera Coupe today. Quite nice.

Needs some air in the left front tire

Still has the paint label under the glove box...

Factory radio and heater in this car.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

That is a real nice looking little coupe and it is nice to see what the people that you have corresponded with on the forum look like. [8D]

There used to be a red 41 Champion coupe show up at our Studebaker Meets in the 80s. It was a great looking car.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

That is a real nice looking little coupe and it is nice to see what the people that you have corresponded with on the forum look like. [8D]

There used to be a red 41 Champion coupe show up at our Studebaker Meets in the 80s. It was a great looking car.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

'Looks like a sweetheart, Gord. 'Love the Spotlight! BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

'Looks like a sweetheart, Gord. 'Love the Spotlight! BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Gord,

I would pull and stash those hubcaps before hitting the road. I wouldn't want them to go missing in your travels! [:0]

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Gord,

I would pull and stash those hubcaps before hitting the road. I wouldn't want them to go missing in your travels! [:0]

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Good call on the hubcaps, Gary. One fell off; landed on the trailer deck, two I was able to remove just by tugging on 'em. The fourth one, unaccountably, is on there to stay.

And I did remove those pretty taillights and put them aside for safekeeping. The car is at the Portland Swap Meet as I write this. Hopefully, someone will fall in love with it, but I have to tell you, it wouldn't break my heart if I had to haul it home with me. It trailered from Bellingham to Portland absolutely trouble-free.

I've seen a couple-3 Studes here so far. Feets, don't fail me now!

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Good call on the hubcaps, Gary. One fell off; landed on the trailer deck, two I was able to remove just by tugging on 'em. The fourth one, unaccountably, is on there to stay.

And I did remove those pretty taillights and put them aside for safekeeping. The car is at the Portland Swap Meet as I write this. Hopefully, someone will fall in love with it, but I have to tell you, it wouldn't break my heart if I had to haul it home with me. It trailered from Bellingham to Portland absolutely trouble-free.

I've seen a couple-3 Studes here so far. Feets, don't fail me now!

Comment

Working...
                  X