Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First cruise night for my new 61 Lark! ( Pics )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First cruise night for my new 61 Lark! ( Pics )

Took my new 61 Lark to the local car show kick off cruise last night. I've put about 200 miles on the car since I registered it a week ago. The cruise was about 20 miles away and about 2 hrs long. Rolled down the highway at 70 in OD. Transmission is quiet and shifts nice. The cruise was really slow, with a lot of stops & starts. Got a lot of good comments along the way. I was surprised to see the the temp gauge only running in the middle at its hottest point. My water jacket cleaning when I replaced the center two expansion plugs must have helped. I put it in the show and shine today for a little while because it went along with the cruise package.

My daughter also put her 64 Cruiser in the cruise.

Gordon
    Last edited by laughinlark; 07-25-2010, 07:43 AM. Reason: With Pictures

Ya see, you just found out how much fun Larks are. I've owned my '59 Lark Regal hardtop for 19 years and never get tired of driving it. It's usually gets a lot of great comments at cruise nights. People give me the thumbs-up on the road. LOVE THAT LARK!
    Rog
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Gordon

Great when a plan comes together. Looks like you had a nice day and a good turnout.

I still like the looks of those early Lark two doors. Nice car.

Bob

Comment

Thanks Guys,
        This Lark was almost parted out before I bought it a couple months ago. It had been sitting for a lot of years. I need to replace the floor and redo the interior. That will be a later on project after all the summer fun driving.

Gordon

Comment

Working...
        X