Can Anyone Recommend a Speedometer Repair Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Anyone Recommend a Speedometer Repair Shop

Good morning. MY speedo needle does not move at all when I insert the new cable and turn it by hand. Anyone want to share a positive experience /reference for a speedo repair shop? This is for my 51 Champion automatic.

Regards,
    Clarence in Virginia Beach

Norm's Antique Auto, Davenport, Iowa, See ad in The Antique Studebaker Club magazine, The Review.

Comment

Good speedo repair in Detroit area- Bob's

info@bobsspeedometer.com Bob has been around for a long time with a good reputation. Huck

Gauge Repair and Restoration for Antique, Hot Rod and Classic Vehicles Bob's Speedometer has been in business since 1929 - for over 85 years, and is one of the world's leading gauge restoration and repair shops! We service most brands and types of gauges - speedometers, tachometers, clocks, oil, fuel, amp, volt, pressure, and a host of others - for all American makes/models & years, and most foreign, no matter the vehicle - Automobiles, Boats, Buses, RV's, Firetrucks, Tractors, Motorcycles - Anything with a gauge!
      Gary Hildebrandt

Comment

Originally posted by cbonner757 View Post
        Good morning. MY speedo needle does not move at all when I insert the new cable and turn it by hand. Anyone want to share a positive experience /reference for a speedo repair shop? This is for my 51 Champion automatic.

Regards,
        Clarence in Virginia Beach
        I don't think that you will be able to turn the cable enough by hand to get the speedometer to register. Try turning it with a low speed moter, like a variable speed drill on a low setting. Be sure to turn the speedometer in the correct dircection.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
        X