WOW! 61 Lark wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW! 61 Lark wagon

Awesome car! Who knows it? VERY impressive. Some good ideas, like the in-dash A/C vents. Would like a closer look at their seat belts too. Love it!

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Presented very well...didn't know til almost last pic it was a 2 dr......now if I could only see some frame & undercarriage pics from Ohio......mmmmmm?

Comment

That wagon is a really nice car. I've seen 4 V8 2 dr 61 Wagons and two of them have had the police gauges.

Nick

Comment

WOW!! That is a beautiful car! I would have done things a little different, but I love the overall approach.
        Dylan Wills
        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
        1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
        1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

That's very near the Myer Studebaker compound. I bet it has plenty of their parts on it. I am doubtful that Jon or Michael wouldn't know about that one. Worth a call to ask.

Comment

This is about as nice as it gets. From the automatic overdrive to power windows and the in-dash A/C vents, this is a car that Studebaker should have sold new. I.e, staid no longer. It always also mystifies me why Borg Warner never developed an overdrive system for automatics. Seems like it would have been a natural to have power/economy ranges especially in the 50s in the transition years from low compression and flatheads, to high compression and OHV/OHC.

Comment

I wouldn't kick it out of the stable.

BAMS you find em'

The A/C vents just like the one's I'll be using (round ones) proline double vane with aluminum housing. Smaller, but very similar to current mustang.
              I see they got rid of the ash tray and placed some rectangular vents in there, nice clean touch.

Missing some rubber on the door opening drain holes.
              Unless it never sees water, they do show better without the weatherstrip.

Very nice looking car, I'll be watching the bidding as well as any additonal info you guy's come up with.
              61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Now if I can just win the Lottery.....

Comment

Yummy Orange Sherbit

That is a very nicely done Custom. I think I would be afraid to sit in it though...wouldn't want to get Orange Sherbet Ice cream all over me!
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by barnlark View Post
                    That's very near the Myer Studebaker compound. I bet it has plenty of their parts on it. I am doubtful that Jon or Michael wouldn't know about that one. .
                    The ad says "This car features rebuilt 289 Studebaker engine, by Meyers Studebaker Service, Duncan Falls, Ohio".

I'm sure they have plenty of info on the car.
                    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by 4961Studebaker View Post
                      BAMS you find em'
                      Yes I do. I keep working on my system. My goal is to someday get as good as JDP, then I'll go into business

I need me a 'Sal' in So Cal of my own...
                      Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Very sanitary A/C install! But where did they hide the alternator? I can't see it...

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                          The ad says "This car features rebuilt 289 Studebaker engine, by Meyers Studebaker Service, Duncan Falls, Ohio".

I'm sure they have plenty of info on the car.
                          Brilliant how I deduced that, eh? Sorry, I didn't read it this morning...being that I was mesmerized by the pictures. Thought maybe that was their competition, the "Meyers" down the street. <G>

Comment

I really, really like this car. If I were building a wagon this would be exactly how I'd do it. Even the paint colors. My '59 truck will be off-white over orange. This would go nicely with it.

A guy in South Florida called me a couple of times recently, telling me about his cars. I think he had an R series GT Hawk and an R series '64 Daytona 4 door. He also mentioned a '61 Lark 2 door wagon that was for sale in his town, complete with side panels covering the rear quarter windows. He said it was a V8 auto and had old Gov't lettering on the doors. I'm glad he hasn't sent me any pictures...

One at a time, Matthew.. One at a time..
                            Last edited by mbstude; 07-22-2010, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by barnlark View Post
                              Thought maybe that was their competition, the "Meyers" down the street. <G>
                              That was copied and pasted directly from the listing, so I left it. I wonder how many times a DAY somebody gets the spelling of 'Myer' name wrong- Meyer, Myers, Meyers, Myer's, Meyer's, etc...
                              Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                              X