Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My brother-in-law bought a '49 Champion convertible...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My brother-in-law bought a '49 Champion convertible...

...the one that was for sale in the July TW, page 48. He negotiated a good price and got a very, very sharp car. It's light yellow...I think may have been called "Tulip Cream" by Studebaker.

He had a similar '49 convert as a young man and wanted another one. He also has a '56 Sky Hawk that needs a lot of work and I think he wanted one that was pretty-much ready-to-go...which the '49 appears to be.

His name is Harley Cook and he and my sister live in NW PA, near Greenville. I'm going to see if he can bring it over to the Summit Racing meet on Aug. 28 (about 1 3/4 hrs. drive for them) and also am trying to get him to join the Ohio Region SDC, the Allegheny Region SDC, and the Kinzua Region SDC, so he can take this beauty to some places near where they live.

I'd like to think I had a little bit to do with rekindling Harley's interest in Studebakers! He bought the car near Grand Rapids, MI, and drove it on a trailer to South Bend last weekend where we went out and saw it before we all went to Chicago Sat. We went to the SNM and also Harley had his first visit to the South Bend location of SI.

If you see Harley and Darlene in their yellow '49 Champ convertible, wave and say 'hi'!
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Geeze, Bill, you let your sister marry a "Harley" guy? Brave soul you are!

Congrats on building the Studebaker family; Harley will enjoy it. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

OK OK! 'nuff talk...PICTURES PLEASE!!!
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Alas, I didn't take any pictures, plus I'm a low-tech guy so even if I did, they probably wouldn't get posted here!

A small pic is on page 48 of the July '10 TW.
        Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        (formerly Greenville, PA)
        Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
        Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
        1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
        1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
        All are in Australia now

Comment

Working...
        X