X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 GT 4-speed $1K or best in CA

Got to be a real buy for anyone in the SF area:

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
    Got to be a real buy for anyone in the SF area:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1851257615.html
    Parts car at the best, we saw more pictures.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Even still, if somebody is close and has a mind to, they may be able to get it for $500 or so and part it out and make a buck...
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Pat and I went and looked at this 63 GT today, first off it is not a 4 speed car in fact it is not a car with a transmission at all, it was a 3 speed and overdrive, next the engine is just hanging by the front mounts with the bell housing in the trunk, also it is a full flow 259 engine, not sure if any GT's were built with 259 engines, no power steering or brakes, not even fin drums, hood is junk, trunk has rust out at the edge, rear driver fender is all banged up at the rear bumper area, front fenders have rust down edges, doors have some rust, windshield is broken, floors have been patched with sheet metal, under side of trunk floor is rusted out,, 3/4 dash is there but radio is gone, grill is broken, see picture my camera only had 2 shots left on the chip so one is the grille and the other will be in another post right after I finish this one. seat are in car but bad shape, I have scrapped out better cars than this and that is what will happen if I end up with it but not sure I really want it and the trouble getting flat tires and all, then the work to take it apart for a few pieces that could be saved frame ect. I offered him $100.00 for the car and even at that it might be more work than I really want to do, he said he would let me know because others have been sending him e-mails and calling good luck if some one else gets it, he is not a Studebaker guy and got if for free in the first place, one bad dog here. I went to put on the picture and for some reason there is none sorry. found it .

Last edited by candbstudebakers; 07-21-2010, 06:44 PM.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Nasty. Shows why one needs to look before buying. Quote from the ad: "appears to be mostly complete. It has a V8 with 4spd manual transmission" Why would someone say that??

Thanks for doing the legwork Bob.
          Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I'm sure glad I didn't waste the gas.
            sals54

Comment

Especially since I'd have to pay for it. The car is a bigger dog than even the pictures suggest.
              JDP Maryland

Comment

Real Winner

Yeah I can see you driving all the way out there hoping all the way that it is an R2
                4 Speed! Lol!

Sorry it was a wild goose chase and a waste of time and gas, but you know how it goes...win some lose some!
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It was close to home so the trip was worth it, still might end up with it and that would save another frame for some one in the future, also some small parts, maybe the engine is good, still full flow block ect. and don't forget the rear bumper , one of a kind.

Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

All domestic 1963 Hawks came with 289s. 1963 Hawk models sold outside the US were available with 170 or 259.

I believe that there were nine for Canada with 259 and overdrive.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

This might be one of the nine, the number looked to be 63 and not 64. still even it it was one of nine that doesn't change the fact it is a piece of junk
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

Working...
                      X