Golden Hawk side grille moulding needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Hawk side grille moulding needed

I need a side grille spear for a 57-58 Golden Hawk. Part number 1321161, there are 6 per car. Condition is not important, just as long as it's still in one piece. I'd prefer one that is shot that can be had for dirt cheap.

Thanks!

The ones in the front of the car? got a picture I might have one or two or so
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

You got it Anne, they're on the front.

Comment

Be back in a minute I'll go look in the garage.
        Mabel 1949 Champion
        Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
        Gus 1958 Transtar
        Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
        Fresno,Ca

Comment

Matt I looked where they should have been they weren't there. Way too hot in that garage to go back in there. Later tonight I will go look again. I'll look at the old Rusty photos to see if he came with any. Sorry to get you hopes up.
          I guess Rusty didn't have any looks like only 1957 Golden's came with those spears. So I don't have any other than whats on our Hawk. Sorry Matt.
          Mabel 1949 Champion
          Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
          Gus 1958 Transtar
          Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
          Fresno,Ca

Comment

No problem Anne. Thanks for taking the time (and braving the heat) to go look!

Comment

Anybody?

(won't let me post without at least 10 characters.. so there!)

Comment

Bump Bump Bump
                Mabel 1949 Champion
                Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                Gus 1958 Transtar
                Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                Fresno,Ca

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                  I need a side grille spear for a 57-58 Golden Hawk. Part number 1321161, there are 6 per car. Condition is not important, just as long as it's still in one piece. I'd prefer one that is shot that can be had for dirt cheap.Thanks!
                  MB, some food for thought!!!

It could make a difference to some if you are looking for part number 1321161 to finish your own Golden Hawk ...OR ...if you are looking for it as a Stude VENDOR to "flip-it" and make a profit!!!

PS: Welcome ...to the real world!

Comment

Well, I'm not doing either...

A gentleman emailed me looking for some. It was suggested by a Studebaker restorer that I might could fashion some of these out of scrap stainless trim. I'd like to find one (in any condition) so I could use it as a pattern to make a couple of these out of stainless, if it could indeed be done.

Not trying to make any money, just trying to help a guy finish restoring a car his grandfather bought new.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                      Well, I'm not doing either...

A gentleman emailed me looking for some. It was suggested by a Studebaker restorer that I might could fashion some of these out of scrap stainless trim. I'd like to find one (in any condition) so I could use it as a pattern to make a couple of these out of stainless, if it could indeed be done.

Not trying to make any money, just trying to help a guy finish restoring a car his grandfather bought new.
                      Thanks MB for clarifying! Hopefully there will be a "donor" contacting you shortly.

Comment

Bringing this back up... Anybody have one? Pretty please?

Comment

Matt, you know the shape and width of those does look very close to the '55-'56 C & K two-tone moulding under the rear window, or the '57 Wagon trim below the side windows. The trick would be finding one with a point or fabricating it because most narrow Mldgs. have square cut ends.
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have some trim that is the same shape/diameter. I just need an original spears to go by as the spear-point will have to be hand formed.

Comment

g-hawk spear

I have one $100.00 ppd

Comment

Working...
                              X