Studebakers at the Syracuse Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers at the Syracuse Nationals

As one can imagine, the Nats were not exactly lousy with Studebakers, but with 7000 plus cars there had to be some- and there were:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

The beat-up truck was $3500(!)= didn't sell. The other truck had a diesel engine. The white Avanti was the one I missed for $9500

I had the pleasure of meeting Murray Stahl and his wife, and seeing in person their beautiful Speedster. My camera was dead at the time so I have no pictures of the car, and Murray had to get on the road. It's a shame, what a stunner. Great to meet you in person finally Murray- and next year, my camera will be ready!
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

That is a very pretty Two-Tone Blue '53 "C" Coupe, I have to wonder how it would have looked if they had blended the two-Tone side panels, instead of hard lining it.

I believe the Fawn and Elk Interior may belong to the Black Avanti II with the Red Line Tires & too wide rear wheels. If it does, it's very rare with a FOUR SPEED!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The black 67 Avanti II belongs to SDC member Pete Wendt's son, I don't recall his first name. Saw Pete today and he is quite excited about his sons car being selected as one of the top 12 in the judging. Do you know how the final round of judging went? That is a pretty good thing for the amount of cars at the show, and that all makes etc. are open to compete. Thanks for the post, B.V.

Comment

Jeez! Is that Continental Kit long enough?
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by bill van alstyne View Post
          The black 67 Avanti II belongs to SDC member Pete Wendt's son, I don't recall his first name. Saw Pete today and he is quite excited about his sons car being selected as one of the top 12 in the judging. Do you know how the final round of judging went? That is a pretty good thing for the amount of cars at the show, and that all makes etc. are open to compete. Thanks for the post, B.V.
          Just a few threads below this one:

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I'll be darned...

An unrestored '59 Scotsman pickup in Alaskan Blue... If it had a little more surface rust, this could be what my truck looked like in '94 when my uncle dragged it out of the barn..

Comment

I didn't look at the truck too closely. The sign said it runs and drives. Both front fenders were battered, both severely rusted along the back edge. Had spare on RR fender, which was also pretty battered. Cab and doors looked decent rust-wise. R. door window was cracked, seat was fair.

I felt the $3500 was... optomistic.
              Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Bob. It was very pleasant meeting another forum member. Our Studebaker community may be smaller than
                the Chevelle and Corvette forums I frequent but in honest fellowship and eager mechanical help it gives up nothing to any other forums.
                Going forward and reading your posts it'll be nice to put a face with the reading.

Happy Trails, Murray
                Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

(/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

Comment

Likewise, Murray. You'll have to drive the Speedster out one more year so I can get my pictures
                  Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                  X