1953 truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1953 truck

is the radio in this 53 original? came across this truck(cheap), all there minus starter and has title..worth buying?

Mopar...can't see your images, I believe the [IMG] on both ends
    of each link need to be lower case [img]. Then use the preview
    to see if they worked....There is also the "Sticky" at the top
    of this section to give further help

glen Brose
    Between Perkinsville
    and Chino Valley AZ.

Comment

Mopar...can't see your images, I believe the [IMG] on both ends
      of each link need to be lower case [img]. Then use the preview
      to see if they worked....There is also the "Sticky" at the top
      of this section to give further help

glen Brose
      Between Perkinsville
      and Chino Valley AZ.

Comment

glen, that was the ticket..THANKS!

Comment

glen, that was the ticket..THANKS!

Comment

Not a factory radio, nor kit.

64 Commander-64 Daytona
            64 GT R2 clone-63 GT R2
            63 Avanti R1
            63 Daytona convert-63
            63 Lark 2 door
            62 Lark 2 door
            60 Lark HT-60Hawk
            59 3E truck
            52 & 53 Starliner
            51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Not a factory radio, nor kit.

64 Commander-64 Daytona
              64 GT R2 clone-63 GT R2
              63 Avanti R1
              63 Daytona convert-63
              63 Lark 2 door
              62 Lark 2 door
              60 Lark HT-60Hawk
              59 3E truck
              52 & 53 Starliner
              51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

It looks like the Sears Allstate radio that we had installed in our 58 Silver Hawk. It had a similar face plate and round buttons. Does it have a name on it?

Comment

It looks like the Sears Allstate radio that we had installed in our 58 Silver Hawk. It had a similar face plate and round buttons. Does it have a name on it?

Comment

If the truck had an original Radio it would take up most of knock-out large panel right above it, next to the similar one for the heater control. I guess if I were looking to buy it though, that would be the least of my concern. Condition of bed floor, engine etc.? It looks quite restorable, has all or most of the glass still in it, that's a good sign. The only thing I can see missing is the antenna & gas cap. I guess it's all about the purpose for buying it, if you just want to flip it because it's cheap and make really big bucks, it will not happen. If you want a good looking truck to restore, without looking to make money, this could be it!

StudeRich
                    Studebakers Northwest
                    Ferndale, WA
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If the truck had an original Radio it would take up most of knock-out large panel right above it, next to the similar one for the heater control. I guess if I were looking to buy it though, that would be the least of my concern. Condition of bed floor, engine etc.? It looks quite restorable, has all or most of the glass still in it, that's a good sign. The only thing I can see missing is the antenna & gas cap. I guess it's all about the purpose for buying it, if you just want to flip it because it's cheap and make really big bucks, it will not happen. If you want a good looking truck to restore, without looking to make money, this could be it!

StudeRich
                      Studebakers Northwest
                      Ferndale, WA
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Looks to be enough scrap in the back to at least cover a portion of your investment!

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Looks to be enough scrap in the back to at least cover a portion of your investment!

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Not looking to make any money at all...i wanna put this bad boy back on the road...has cab corner rust, fender edge, and the front of the bed floor...the engine ran when parked, like i said looking at completley going through it head to toe...i love the styling of these trucks and just need some opinions from folks who have fixed a stude before..i figure for $400 its a good start...ill be using this forum a lot so i wanna say thanks before i even get started

Floyd Manley
                            Navarre, Fl

Comment

Not looking to make any money at all...i wanna put this bad boy back on the road...has cab corner rust, fender edge, and the front of the bed floor...the engine ran when parked, like i said looking at completley going through it head to toe...i love the styling of these trucks and just need some opinions from folks who have fixed a stude before..i figure for $400 its a good start...ill be using this forum a lot so i wanna say thanks before i even get started

Floyd Manley
                              Navarre, Fl

Comment

Working...
                              X