I-10 Studebakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-10 Studebakers

Ate breakfest at Studebakers Truck Stop Last saturday morning. They had a big paintings of Studebakers on the wall. One was a yellow 51 convertible in front of the Starlite Motel. My wife took pictures but they are on film it will be a few days but will post them when she finishes the roll. By the way it is just west of Lafayette, La. on I-10

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
    As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Cool,
    We always pass there when driving to visit our relatives in Louisiana. I was quite excited to see it when first built, and we usually stop there. I have yet to see a real Studebaker there though, maybe someday.
    Spence

Comment

Cool,
      We always pass there when driving to visit our relatives in Louisiana. I was quite excited to see it when first built, and we usually stop there. I have yet to see a real Studebaker there though, maybe someday.
      Spence

Comment

We ate there New Years day - Fifties theme, bulletnose parked out front.

Morris Van Horne
        Morris Van Horne
        1954 Commander

Comment

We ate there New Years day - Fifties theme, bulletnose parked out front.

Morris Van Horne
          Morris Van Horne
          1954 Commander

Comment

Until fairly recently, I kept the raggy remains of a Studebakers T-shirt I got at a similar-named bar & grille kinda place that was once on Peachtree St. in Atlanta.
            The graphic on the shirt said "Studebakers" on it and shown a '50 bulletnose ragtop with a guy and a gal in it. Had that danged T-shirt THIRTY years! Wore it sparingly to keep it viable as long as possible but it finally gave out.[xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Until fairly recently, I kept the raggy remains of a Studebakers T-shirt I got at a similar-named bar & grille kinda place that was once on Peachtree St. in Atlanta.
              The graphic on the shirt said "Studebakers" on it and shown a '50 bulletnose ragtop with a guy and a gal in it. Had that danged T-shirt THIRTY years! Wore it sparingly to keep it viable as long as possible but it finally gave out.[xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by hotwheels63r2

There is a Studebakers (not the chain as far as I know) in Eastern Washington between Wenatchee and Levensworth. Anyone seen it yet?
                MIKE
                Yes, I believe it's in or near Cashmere. We stopped by there while doing a weekend at Levenworth. Nice place.
                Too bad we were in my wife's Mini Cooper and not the Studebaker
                (or even the Mercedes since Levenworth is a very nice faux German alpine villiage).

It has a bullet nose front clip (probably fiberglass) on the wall and lots of framed 50's car ads...though not many Studebakers.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                63 Avanti R1 2788
                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by hotwheels63r2

There is a Studebakers (not the chain as far as I know) in Eastern Washington between Wenatchee and Levensworth. Anyone seen it yet?
                  MIKE
                  Yes, I believe it's in or near Cashmere. We stopped by there while doing a weekend at Levenworth. Nice place.
                  Too bad we were in my wife's Mini Cooper and not the Studebaker
                  (or even the Mercedes since Levenworth is a very nice faux German alpine villiage).

It has a bullet nose front clip (probably fiberglass) on the wall and lots of framed 50's car ads...though not many Studebakers.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                  1914 Stutz Bearcat
                  (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                  63 Avanti R1 2788
                  1914 Stutz Bearcat
                  (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

THERE WAS ALSO A STUDEBAKERS RESTAURANT / BAR OUTSIDE CHICAGO IL OWNED PARTIALLY BY WALTER PAYTON OF THE CHICAGO BEARS , I BELEIVE IT MAY HAVE BEEN IN SCHAUMBURG IL , DOUBT IT'S STILL THERE THIS WAS BACK AROUND 1990

Comment

THERE WAS ALSO A STUDEBAKERS RESTAURANT / BAR OUTSIDE CHICAGO IL OWNED PARTIALLY BY WALTER PAYTON OF THE CHICAGO BEARS , I BELEIVE IT MAY HAVE BEEN IN SCHAUMBURG IL , DOUBT IT'S STILL THERE THIS WAS BACK AROUND 1990

Comment

Hey Mr. Biggs; theys a "Studebakers" in Myrtle Beach SC that sells them T-Shirts. If I get over there this year would be glad to pick up a NEW one for you if you so desire and may I ask??? What Size
                        Best Regards
                        pwb

pwbrown

Comment

Hey Mr. Biggs; theys a "Studebakers" in Myrtle Beach SC that sells them T-Shirts. If I get over there this year would be glad to pick up a NEW one for you if you so desire and may I ask??? What Size
                          Best Regards
                          pwb

pwbrown

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 8E12T6
                            What Size
                            As the name states..... Mr. Biggs = XL [}]

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 8E12T6
                              What Size
                              As the name states..... Mr. Biggs = XL [}]

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Working...
                              X