What is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it?

The auction company says this is a 1929 Studebaker. Is it? Never seen anything like it in Studebaker literature before. Thanks, Steve

sigpic

Yea my dad grandpa uncle had one just like whats it called?

Comment

What car was it that had that ugly double height grille, a Cord? Whatever it was it looks like a home-built designed to copy it. Nothing on it looks Studebaker unless they used the frame, but this car looks way newer than '29.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I had asked for pics when it was first listed and recieved a reply that they were already posted. Same auction originally listed several vintage SAAB sports cars and I had assumed this was one of those but I found it listed again today as the Studebaker. They now list the Saabs as Saab project cars. Being an auction there is no telling if there really is a 29 Studebaker there also or if someone just titled this contraption as a 29 Stude. Steve
        Last edited by wolfie; 07-16-2010, 11:17 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

If there is anything Studebaker or from 1929 on that car I'll eat my hat.
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

It looks like something I saw in Hemmings Classic Car this month... a kit car I seem to recall. Any stude content is probably limited to the vin tag.

Comment

It is very different from the '29 Studebakers I have seen too. Actually looks a little like an English Jowett Jupiter body (not the grille, tho') from the 50's- - -strange.

Comment

Working...
              X