The Downhill Side!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Downhill Side!

Howdy All, today was a good day, as I started on the downhill side of my winter project, putting things back "ON" the truck. [^] Put my finished axle, with finished Turner brakes, put back under a finished frame. Next weekend the finished engine goes back on the finished frame, then the finished tranny goes back on the finished engine. Then the finished.... Sorry, just really liking the sound of the word FINISHED!

<div align="left">Tim Stevens Big Sky Country, Montana '59 4E7-122 '59 Silver Hawk '57 Parkview Wagon '41 Double Dater Coupe</div id="left">
    I own time machines.....

That is truly a work of Art! It is just beautiful.

I was thinking of using the Turner brakes on mine, but didn't have the money right now. It looks like they just bolt to the existing bracket.

Comment

That is truly a work of Art! It is just beautiful.

I was thinking of using the Turner brakes on mine, but didn't have the money right now. It looks like they just bolt to the existing bracket.

Comment

Very nice looking <s>Transtar</s> opps 1959: Studebaker Truck Tim, did you repaint the cab? It looks almost Purple (very dark blue) in this pic, but in your before pic, it's baby blue! I seem to remember an old post saying something about a cab change, but not sure at what point in time you were referring to.[^]

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Very nice looking <s>Transtar</s> opps 1959: Studebaker Truck Tim, did you repaint the cab? It looks almost Purple (very dark blue) in this pic, but in your before pic, it's baby blue! I seem to remember an old post saying something about a cab change, but not sure at what point in time you were referring to.[^]

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks, Yes, those Turner Brake brackets just bolt to the spindle backplate, very simple installation, and very effective disk brakes. They were money well spent!

<div align="left">Tim Stevens Big Sky Country, Montana '59 4E7-122 '59 Silver Hawk '57 Parkview Wagon '41 Double Dater Coupe</div id="left">
            I own time machines.....

Comment

Thanks, Yes, those Turner Brake brackets just bolt to the spindle backplate, very simple installation, and very effective disk brakes. They were money well spent!

I own time machines.....

Comment

Nice looking motor! It's great to see the Studebaker hobby moving in this direction. Think about the other car makes that have disappeared from the current scene due to lack of inovation. This helps to keep the Studebaker dream alive for the next generation(s).

Dan Peterson
                Montpelier, VT
                1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
                1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)
                1962 Lark V-8 Regal Convertible
                Dan Peterson
                Montpelier, VT

Comment

Nice looking motor! It's great to see the Studebaker hobby moving in this direction. Think about the other car makes that have disappeared from the current scene due to lack of inovation. This helps to keep the Studebaker dream alive for the next generation(s).

Dan Peterson
                  Montpelier, VT
                  1962 Lark V-8 Regal Convertible
                  Dan Peterson
                  Montpelier, VT

Comment

Howdy Rich, no paint changes, just swiped the wifes camera for the new pictures. The difference between a 1.2 and 6 megapixel camera. My old Mavica cant take all that black color, they all come out looking like pictures of a black brick! &lt;G&gt;

I own time machines.....

Comment

Howdy Rich, no paint changes, just swiped the wifes camera for the new pictures. The difference between a 1.2 and 6 megapixel camera. My old Mavica cant take all that black color, they all come out looking like pictures of a black brick! &lt;G&gt;

I own time machines.....

Comment

[)]Absolutely gorgeous![)]

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
                        http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

[)]Absolutely gorgeous![)]

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
                          http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

What a great looking truck! Tell me a little about the bed. Is that a utility bed? Sure does look nice.
                            Joe Roberts
                            Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser
                            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

What a great looking truck! Tell me a little about the bed. Is that a utility bed? Sure does look nice.
                              Joe Roberts
                              Joe Roberts
                              '61 R1 Champ
                              '65 Cruiser
                              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
                              X