Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've been trying to get a picture of this truck for three years...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been trying to get a picture of this truck for three years...

I've been trying to get a picture of this truck for three years. I just haven't been successful in having my camera when it was sitting still. Anyway, a couple of days ago, I saw it ahead of me and I followed it (and Al the driver) into the county yard to get these pictures.

The chassis and running gear are late nineties Dodge Power Wagon. Al's parents are also Studebaker enthusiasts and have helped me out with Bess once or twice. The young fellow drives the wheels off of his truck (LOL)! Al does love his truck. Reminds me of another young fellow on this forum... Hmmm... Orange truck... I wonder...
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Sweet truck! Thanks for snagging those pictures.
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

If the Duke boys had a pickup, this might be it! Are the doors welded shut for ditch jumping?
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Nice looking truck and sounds like a proud driver! Is that in Weaverville? I used to see a Bullet nose at a repair shop when I was passing through years ago. Must have an employees or the business owner car? Any relationship there?

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by laughinlark View Post
          Nice looking truck and sounds like a proud driver! Is that in Weaverville? I used to see a Bullet nose at a repair shop when I was passing through years ago. Must have an employees or the business owner car? Any relationship there?

Gordon
          That Weaverville car you remember seeing is a '52 - it belonged to Paul Fackrell who owned Fackrell's Fast Lube on Main Street at the time. No relation to Al and "Pumpkin"

Comment

Deanna,
            Thanks for clearing up my curiosity. I still look at that shop on the way through town. I'll have to watch for the truck now.

Gordon

Comment

Yes, Fackeral's is no longer Fackeral's any more. Paul had to sell and, since Weaverville is a small town, the rumours abound as to why. So, you won't see that custom '52 any more.

As to catching a glimpse of Al's truck, good luck! That boy gets up and moves! You'd have better luck with Ed and Bess, they move slower (LOL).

Deanna, where are you located? Are you by chance related to Al in some way? If so, say hello to he and his dad for me please. Good fellows. They helped me out with Bess a time or two.

Coming back from church this Sunday, I saw a very customized '53 hardtop. The owner had taken everything with the Studebaker name off the car. It looked beautiful, but rather stark, IMHO. I went back and spoke to him and his wife for about fifteen minutes. They were fairly nice people, however definately not Studebaker people. Seems, due to the absolute unavailability of any Studebaker parts, they replaced the drive train with Chevy. I just smiled at that remark and looked at my truck and back again replying, " Really? I hadn't noticed when I ordered parts for my '56 and the '62 truck here two weeks ago." I think what he meant was there aren't any parts available at F.L.A.P.S. or No AutoParts Available. I often wonder why some people do this kind of thing. Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac, Oldsmobile, Plymouth all produced some beautiful cars that he could have just dropped his 350 into. Go figure. I wouldn't say this except he took every-thing that said Studebaker off the car. What's the thinking?
              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
              X