4-spd. Daytona $3500, GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-spd. Daytona $3500, GA

I bet this one's a steal. Somebody go get it!

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Looks and sounds like a good deal....but, one man's "no rust" is sometimes another man's "rust bucket". Anybody seen this car in person and can verify that it's rust free?
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I am not 100% sure its the same car but I looked at one in that same area several years ago that was a super solid car. It is about 2 hours away but I would go check it out and take lots of pics this evening if anyone is seriously interested in it. Steve
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
        Looks and sounds like a good deal....but, one man's "no rust" is sometimes another man's "rust bucket". Anybody seen this car in person and can verify that it's rust free?
        E-mail sent or call me.

410-757-5147
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
          I bet this one's a steal. Somebody go get it!

http://athensga.craigslist.org/cto/1832483349.html
          Bought it. Thanks Bam's, should be in Maryland in a few weeks. The car was last on the road in 1972, never touched since.
          JDP Maryland

Comment

Good going John! I hope it's a good car.
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
              Good going John! I hope it's a good car.
              Wolfie is on the way to look at it and tell me if I got a deal or not.
              JDP Maryland

Comment

OK, just got a update on the car and now wondering if I should back out since the owner has a local guy ready to buy as a backup. The car is pretty much as described but with a few issues. It needs a new, $300-$400 dual exhaust system, no carpets, another $300, $250 for tires, maybe $200 for the brakes. Some minor rust blisters down low on the fenders, some floor patching and at least a partial repaint. That puts me over 5K in pre flip with shipping and without my labor and that's scares me a bit. The biggest issue is the engine is apparently not original to the car. The owner has kindly allowed me to review the pictures I'll get later before letting a local guy pick it up Monday. I may decide to let the local snag it. BTW, if he is a forum member, let me know, and I'll walk away.
                JDP Maryland

Comment

Add the fact that the seat inserts are not stock, and it needs a headliner is a deal killer for me. Thanks to Wolfie for getting a better looks. Here's his pics:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

The car has a lot going for it and would be a welcome addition in my fleet but I dont see it as a real profitable flip. It was in my opinion a solid restoration candidate or even a decent clean, tune, spot paint and drive candidate. Of course cleaning and tuning would include tires, brakes and exhaust. Can anyone decipher what the engine is? No boss for the engine number up front at all. Steve
                    sigpic

Comment

With the mold in the interior, it has seen plenty of moisture.

Comment

Originally posted by 58PackardWagon View Post
                        With the mold in the interior, it has seen plenty of moisture.

The story that it had sat in an old chicken house for some time seemed to check out. Steve
                        sigpic

Comment

Wow, lots of action on this one while I was away- just as there should have been! Talk about a perfect system- car is found at good price, group is notified, buyer jumps on it, member checks it out, good appraisal is made, and car finds new home. very cool teamwork!

I figured if JDP saw it he'd be on it. Certainly it's a desirable car at a good price.

Great work on the pictures Steve, and for going all out to help a member! John owes you. I would be comfortable knowing what I was getting thanks to your pictures; you knew just what to show. As stated, it's a fair price for the car as a keeper, not enough room for a flip. Would be cool to see it redid Good show all!
                          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                          Romans 15:13
                          Deuteronomy 31:6
                          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
                            The car has a lot going for it and would be a welcome addition in my fleet but I dont see it as a real profitable flip. It was in my opinion a solid restoration candidate or even a decent clean, tune, spot paint and drive candidate. Of course cleaning and tuning would include tires, brakes and exhaust. Can anyone decipher what the engine is? No boss for the engine number up front at all. Steve
                            For a keeper, it would be a bargain. You'd be in the car for under 5K as a nice driver, and you'd make money on a future resale. It's just too close a deal for a me with shipping and it's the kind of car I might tend to go overboard on.
                            JDP Maryland

Comment

Indeed. You fix that trunk light yet? :P

nate
                              --
                              55 Commander Starlight
                              http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Working...
                              X