Anyone familiar with this car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone familiar with this car?

It caught my eyes, and it looks nice. The pictures of the car have it wearing Ohio Historical Plates - which are good almost for a lifetime. But the ad said that the seller is in Alabama, and because its Alabama, there is no title to the vehicle. So I sent the seller a question asking how old the pictures are, assuming that the car has been in Alabama for a year - I'd like to see current images.

This car reminded me of the Hawk up in the Akron area that had been in heated storage for sometime, but it had a bashed in fender. Nice car - just trying to figure out whats going on.

Originally posted by stude62 View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...id=p2759.l1259

It caught my eyes, and it looks nice. The pictures of the car have it wearing Ohio Historical Plates - which are good almost for a lifetime. But the ad said that the seller is in Alabama, and because its Alabama, there is no title to the vehicle. So I sent the seller a question asking how old the pictures are, assuming that the car has been in Alabama for a year - I'd like to see current images.

This car reminded me of the Hawk up in the Akron area that had been in heated storage for sometime, but it had a bashed in fender. Nice car - just trying to figure out whats going on.
    I believe it is the same car. R1, no fender tags, Flightomatic trans, same exterior and interior color, solid-color seat inserts...but being offered at a bit more than half the asking price last year. Hmmmmm..............
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Comment

One of my pet peaves - Why can't people get names correct when it is right on the vehicle (Gran Turismo)? Doesn't say much for attention to detail when they want $9500 for the car.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I believe we've discussed this car recently...in fact, I know we have. That's because it is on "the list" of R-powered 1963 cars and all matches up except it was apparently built with a 4-speed. I also checked on the older "list" that was generated some 25 years ago. It still says it had a 4-speed...again, everything else matches this car just fine. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
        X