Studebaker prices and the market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker prices and the market

Several, what appear to be nice Studebakers, just closed on eBay with 'Reserve Not Met'. A 1963 Lark, a 1955 President, a 1963 R2 Avanti, a 1961 Hawk, and, a 1963 R1 Avanti. Prices bid seemed reasonable. Is the market 'that' down, or, are Studebakers not a favored marque in this market climate? stupak

Studebakers & American Motor's fall into the same venue in that one does just not get big $$$ for nice cars compared to the big 3.
    It is both good for a buyer if in the market but not so for a seller who is often into the car for more than he can sell it for.
    Perhaps one day prices will get up to better levels.

Comment

Originally posted by stupak View Post
      Several, what appear to be nice Studebakers, just closed on eBay with 'Reserve Not Met'. A 1963 Lark, a 1955 President, a 1963 R2 Avanti, a 1961 Hawk, and, a 1963 R1 Avanti. Prices bid seemed reasonable. Is the market 'that' down, or, are Studebakers not a favored marque in this market climate? stupak
      I didn't check them out, but if the "Prices bid seemed reasonable..." then it is more a case of non-motivated sellers expecting too much from their vehicles rather than "...the market 'that' down..."
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I looked at those cars and they closed at pretty close to retail. i.e. 16K plus on the Avanti's. Just because a car does not make a high reserve does not indicate a soft market. I
        m buying maybe 20% lowe, and selling for a bit less, but not that big a deal.
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
        X