'64 Daytona Trunck Lid Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '64 Daytona Trunck Lid Question

The inside "insulation" material of the trunk lid of my "64 Daytona Hardtop is somewhat "shabby." What kind of material can I use to replace it and what would you suggest I use to adhere it to the lid? Thanks for your help!

The insulation pad or spray on undercoating in the "lightening hole area" of the inner liner of the Deck Lids were installed on the outer skin BEFORE it was attached.

Possibly a spay can of undercoating would suffice to freshen either style, if it was carefully masked, as it hides a lot.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 07-06-2010, 06:44 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks for the help Rich. However, there is one section where the "material"/"fabric" is missing. Any suggestions on what to use there? Thanks again.

Comment

If you spray it all, when it's done, won't it all look pretty much the same?

I think it's only the Canadian cars that have the sometimes loose, and or damaged pad. My U.S. '64 is undercoated.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I looked at a '66 lid with that same problem before; and I thought then that carefully cut pieces of Dynamat would do great there! It wouldn't look quite stock, but it would look pretty presentable; and be quieter most likely.
          Dylan Wills
          Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
          1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
          1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
          1914 Ford Model T

Comment

You're right Rich, my Daytona is Canadian. Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Dylan. I think I could handle that.

Comment

Working...
              X