GT Hawk dash plaque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT Hawk dash plaque

My dad has a 62 GTHawk 289 4 speed with a dash plaque that says something like,"made by studebaker for Susan someone."
    Anything speacial about this car?

Studebaker gave a new owner the option of ordering one of those plaques with their name inscribed. If the owner applied to them a ordering form was posted out for the owner to fill in the details. I am unsure if there were any charges. The same applied with the Avanti. One of those ordering forms was just on Ebay but there were no bidders. So there was nothing special to the car you now have.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Comment

Since you own a '61 Hawk with four speed you might be interested to know that this car was the first Studebaker to made available (in the post war era) with the personalized owner engraved dash plaque. They were of a different design than that used on the GT as the images above show.
      Richard Quinn
      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

My father bought a new 1962 Hawk that came with a dash plaque with his name on it. I believe that it was ordered and installed by the dealer. Ino longer have that car, but I do have the dash plaque in my 62 Hawk. Since my name is the same as my father's and I rebuilt my present Hawk, I installed the dash plaque from his car in my car. Bud

Comment

I seem to recall that these have been reproduced. Are they still available?
          Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
          50 Champion 2 door*
          53 Commander K Auto*
          53 Commander K overdrive*
          55 President Speedster
          62 GT 4Speed*
          63 Avanti R1*
          64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Originally posted by ddub View Post
            I seem to recall that these have been reproduced. Are they still available?
            Yes, I have the GT Hawk but not the '61. $4.00 plus postage.
            Richard Quinn
            Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

I still have the order form that came with the purchase of a '63 GT. At that time, I thought the plaque idea was kind of "hokey", so I never sent it in. As I recall, there was no charge for the plaque.

Comment

Working...
              X