63 Avanti price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Avanti price

Saw a beautiful 63 Avanti for sale today.
    The body looked great,almost flawless black paint.The interior was good.
    It had a Stude engine that looked stock.
    The ignition,charging system and carb were obviously not stock.
    They lot wanted 21,000 for it.

I'd say it was a 7 on a 1-10 scale.

Overpriced?
    Last edited by crusadex; 07-05-2010, 09:27 PM. Reason: added info

If you check ebay, that car is probably 7-9K more than it's worth. You don't say where you saw it, nor did you include pictures, so any response
    would be a guess. Take a chance, offer 12K and don't be surprised if they say yes.

Comment

A first year model of a historic car, depending on how good it is, 20k is not too
      much to ask, options, etc. A buddy of mine with a '68 Mustang Shelby GT500
      answered the "value" question with this :

"Its only worth as much as someone will pay for it".

Tom
      '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
      Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
      http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
      I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Like everything else, the prices of collector cars are way down. Do a completed items search on EBAY for Studebaker. Now is not the time to sell anything and a great time to buy from those who unfortunately have to.

Comment

Seems just a bit high for an R2 and a lot high for an R1, based on the limited information available.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

It's at a classic car lot in Bandon Oregon.
            I found a picture of it from 2008.(At least it looks exactly like the same car and it's a city of 3000.)
            The white tag in the left front window looks the same too.It was a sticker from some washington state avanti dealer.

The dealer said it was in a local museum for several year.
            Last edited by crusadex; 07-07-2010, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sbca96 View Post
              A first year model of a historic car, depending on how good it is, 20k is not too
              much to ask, options, etc. A buddy of mine with a '68 Mustang Shelby GT500
              answered the "value" question with this :

"Its only worth as much as someone will pay for it".

Tom
              Yes but.....'68 Mustang Shelby GT500
              I doubt he would have a hard time selling it for a semitruck load of pennies.

Comment

Perhaps, but I believe an Avanti is more rare. Than again, his was a convertible.

Tom
                '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Originally posted by sbca96 View Post
                  Perhaps, but I believe an Avanti is more rare. Than again, his was a convertible.

Tom
                  Rarity and value often do not correlate. Look how many 1957 Chevrolets were built and their value versus my one of two 1983 Chrysler Executive Limousine that I sold for $1500.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Appears the front seats have been changed or have head restrants installed?

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      Rarity and value often do not correlate.
                      I knowed this, I done just makin a joke-ski.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Retired View Post
                        Appears the front seats have been changed or have head restrants installed?
                        I looked last time i drove by the lot.It's just the camera angle they area speakers on the rear deck.
                        And it is the same car in the picture.

Comment

Working...
                        X