Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STILL : searching for 64 wagonaire to purchase

HI..... ANYONE OUT THERE ???

Ed, there's a good number of us "out there" (some, more out there than others - like me[)]) That none of us have hailed you with a '64 Wagonaire for sale ISN'T a sign that we're ignoring you or don't wanna help. It's just that no one in attendance of this forum HAS ONE for sale or KNOWS OF ONE for sale.
    Do you get Turning Wheels? Do you watch ebay, the Studebaker Swap page, Hemmings, etc.?
    Are you looking for a project car or turn-key? Does it HAVE TO BE a '64? '65s look almost EXACTLY like a '64 but had a GM engine under the hood. Unless someone's scooped up the one I told the forum about awhile back (and I doubt they have), there's a '65 not for from me that's a solid project car. Needs an engine but was/is nicely appointed and reasonable in price.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Ed, there's a good number of us "out there" (some, more out there than others - like me[)]) That none of us have hailed you with a '64 Wagonaire for sale ISN'T a sign that we're ignoring you or don't wanna help. It's just that no one in attendance of this forum HAS ONE for sale or KNOWS OF ONE for sale.
      Do you get Turning Wheels? Do you watch ebay, the Studebaker Swap page, Hemmings, etc.?
      Are you looking for a project car or turn-key? Does it HAVE TO BE a '64? '65s look almost EXACTLY like a '64 but had a GM engine under the hood. Unless someone's scooped up the one I told the forum about awhile back (and I doubt they have), there's a '65 not for from me that's a solid project car. Needs an engine but was/is nicely appointed and reasonable in price.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

THANKS FOR THE IMPUT..... I THINK THEY ARE SOMEWHAT RARE.... THE 64 WAS THE FIRST ONE PARTIALLY MADE IN CANADA.(IF YOU TURN THE HUBCAP OVER) , IT STATES : CANADA . THE 64 STILL HAD A STUDE" ENGINE.

OH WELL, SUCH IS LIFE... IT NEEDS TO BE (CLEAN) WITH JUST LITTLE THINGS TO CORRECT. OR PAINT

DO YOU KNOW OF A CLUB SHOW/MEET SOON IN THE N.W. ?

Comment

THANKS FOR THE IMPUT..... I THINK THEY ARE SOMEWHAT RARE.... THE 64 WAS THE FIRST ONE PARTIALLY MADE IN CANADA.(IF YOU TURN THE HUBCAP OVER) , IT STATES : CANADA . THE 64 STILL HAD A STUDE" ENGINE.

OH WELL, SUCH IS LIFE... IT NEEDS TO BE (CLEAN) WITH JUST LITTLE THINGS TO CORRECT. OR PAINT

Comment

Ed, there are SDC chapters in the Greater Seattle and Portland areas... you can look them up on the main SDC page (local SDC Chapters). I can tell you from personal experience that having contacts and being a member (in case you are not) of the SDC is the best road to success with your quest.

Good Luck!

Mark
            Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander

Comment

Ed, there are SDC chapters in the Greater Seattle and Portland areas... you can look them up on the main SDC page (local SDC Chapters). I can tell you from personal experience that having contacts and being a member (in case you are not) of the SDC is the best road to success with your quest.

Good Luck!

Mark
              Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander

Comment

Ed, there's several guys on this forum who will, I trust, advise you of any shows coming up in the NW.

As to your knowledge of the '64s, Studebaker had a plant in Canada even before WWII. There they built pretty much the same cars they were building in the states. Engines and major pieces were all made in the states and MOST of that stuff went into the US-built vehicles, but parts were sent to the Canadian facilty for them to use in building Studes there as well.
                There WERE a few things peculiar to the Canadian-built Studes and for whatever reason, hub caps were one item in that realm.
                Once Studebaker decided to quit building cars in the US, all FURTHER production was carried on in the Canadian facility. This decision came about part-way thru the '64 model run, so there were 64s built in Indiana and there were '64s built in Canada as well. ALL 64s used the Studebaker engines and so even tho the main (US) plant shut down mid-year, the foundry there kept building engines for the continuing production in Canada. While that was going on, they were making plans to use an alternate engine for the '65s - which resulted in the GM engines being used more as a matter of convenience more than anything.
                By the way, all you have to do is look at the car's serial number to discern if it was built in Canada or not. If there's a "C" in the prefix of the serial number, it's a Canadian-built car. If not - it was built in South Bend IN (this applies for cars back thru the '59 models)
                But getting back to my original point - there were totally US-built '64s AS WELL AS '64s built in Canada.

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Ed, there's several guys on this forum who will, I trust, advise you of any shows coming up in the NW.

As to your knowledge of the '64s, Studebaker had a plant in Canada even before WWII. There they built pretty much the same cars they were building in the states. Engines and major pieces were all made in the states and MOST of that stuff went into the US-built vehicles, but parts were sent to the Canadian facilty for them to use in building Studes there as well.
                  There WERE a few things peculiar to the Canadian-built Studes and for whatever reason, hub caps were one item in that realm.
                  Once Studebaker decided to quit building cars in the US, all FURTHER production was carried on in the Canadian facility. This decision came about part-way thru the '64 model run, so there were 64s built in Indiana and there were '64s built in Canada as well. ALL 64s used the Studebaker engines and so even tho the main (US) plant shut down mid-year, the foundry there kept building engines for the continuing production in Canada. While that was going on, they were making plans to use an alternate engine for the '65s - which resulted in the GM engines being used more as a matter of convenience more than anything.
                  By the way, all you have to do is look at the car's serial number to discern if it was built in Canada or not. If there's a "C" in the prefix of the serial number, it's a Canadian-built car. If not - it was built in South Bend IN (this applies for cars back thru the '59 models)
                  But getting back to my original point - there were totally US-built '64s AS WELL AS '64s built in Canada.

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ED PUCIATA

Ed, if you are anywhere near Portland, come to the Portland Swap Meet next weekend. (Fri, Sat, Sun.) There will be a bunch of us Studebaker types there. You might even find a Wagonaire, although you can never be sure.

I HAVE a '64 Wagonaire, and I would consider selling it. But it's not as nice as you seem to want. Needs body and paint work, and the engine should be overhauled. It does run, though, and it has fiberglass fenders on all 4 corners. Definitely a project, though.

Watch eBay, they show up there from time to time. be advised that Wagonaires often have rear quarter rust.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ED PUCIATA

Ed, if you are anywhere near Portland, come to the Portland Swap Meet next weekend. (Fri, Sat, Sun.) There will be a bunch of us Studebaker types there. You might even find a Wagonaire, although you can never be sure.

I HAVE a '64 Wagonaire, and I would consider selling it. But it's not as nice as you seem to want. Needs body and paint work, and the engine should be overhauled. It does run, though, and it has fiberglass fenders on all 4 corners. Definitely a project, though.

Watch eBay, they show up there from time to time. be advised that Wagonaires often have rear quarter rust.

Comment

gordr writes: "be advised that Wagonaires often have rear quarter rust"

Gord, couldn't you change "often" to "always"? I think that would be closer to the truth (not that you'd be deceptive of course![:I])

I'd submit that if one finds a Wagonaire without rust behind the rear wheels, it's because it's been repaired already - same thing with the tailgate.

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

Comment

gordr writes: "be advised that Wagonaires often have rear quarter rust"

Gord, couldn't you change "often" to "always"? I think that would be closer to the truth (not that you'd be deceptive of course![:I])

I'd submit that if one finds a Wagonaire without rust behind the rear wheels, it's because it's been repaired already - same thing with the tailgate.

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X