Historic Automotive & Autocraft Seat Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historic Automotive & Autocraft Seat Covers

Several weeks ago I ordered a set of seat covers for my 50 Commander from Historic Automotive. As I already have Autocraft Seat covers in a couple of my cars and have used them in probably 6 other cars over the years, I somewhat new what I would get. Today I had some time and I put the rear ones on. This is a starlight so the seat is formed a little differnent on the sides. I had never installed them in a starlight. They fit over the seats like a glove after I removed the covers that must have been put on the car when it was almost new. It is nice to work with good quality products. While these are not original show quality, they sure are wonderful for what I want. The ones in my 47 are probably 25 years old and still look like new. My wife helped me put them on, she stretched them and I put on the hog rings. I have a set of regular hog rings pliers as the pliers they send with the covers are meant to frustrate you I think. I expect the fronts will fit just as well when I get a few minutes to put them on. A tip of the hat to both John of Historic and to Autocraft ( btw they are a USA company I think in Ohio).
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Thanks for the tip on that. I was going to start looking for some after I saw in the Truck Accessories brocure that Studebaker offered them. They were VERY colorful, probably just the right style for the times. I'll check this vendor to see if they have something similar. Now I need a steering wheel knob and I'll be all set.

Comment

Originally posted by Maynard View Post
      Thanks for the tip on that. I was going to start looking for some after I saw in the Truck Accessories brocure that Studebaker offered them. They were VERY colorful, probably just the right style for the times. I'll check this vendor to see if they have something similar. Now I need a steering wheel knob and I'll be all set.
      Just so there is no confusion, the "seat covers" we are talking about is actually seat upholstery. I sell the 50'--60's style seat covers too, but since they are almost the same money, most chose new upholstery like these:
      Last edited by JDP; 07-06-2010, 07:33 AM.
      JDP Maryland

Comment

John, explain the difference between 'seat covers' and seat upholstery.
        Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

I should have done my research before I jumped in there. After I did, I realized you were talking about upholstery.

I'd like to have some seat covers like (similar to) the ones Studebaker offered as a factory accessory. Can I send you a scan of the truck accessories brochure for 1957? I didn't think to scan the pages separately, so it's all 12 pages, as a pdf.

Comment

Jerry, the seat covers I referenced are the kind that slip on over the upholstery to protect it.

Comment

Had a beautiful seat cover when I was 19.
              Then she started talking marriage.
              New seat cover the next week.
              Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
                John, explain the difference between 'seat covers' and seat upholstery.
                Covers, cover the factory upholstery. upholstery replaces it.
                JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by bob40 View Post
                  Had a beautiful seat cover when I was 19.
                  Found my current one when she was 18 and I was 23. 25 years later she still is the best feature of any car seat
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
                  X