Greyhound package shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greyhound package shipping

Just tried it the first time, shipping from California to Annapolis. I shipped Avanti buckets seats, rear seat and door panels for $211, not bad for bulky items, but it took two weeks.
    JDP Maryland

John,I've used G.H. a few times and they're great for price and getting it there!
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
      Just tried it the first time, shipping from California to Annapolis. I shipped Avanti buckets seats, rear seat and door panels for $211, not bad for bulky items, but it took two weeks.
      John I purchased a complete set of black leather Recaro Avanti II seats from a fellow in CA and shipped them to Ohio via Greyhound. Each front bucket was in a seperate box and the rear seat was in the 3rd box. All arrived in good shape but they didn't arrive together, 1 box in a week, 2nd box a few days later but 3rd box was about 3 weeks getting there. I was worried a bit but all worked out well. I think my charge for 3 boxes was about $270 give or take.
      sigpic
      John
      63R-2386
      Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

been there done that never again...
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
          been there done that never again...
          Who do you use, or who would you use to ship a rear axle?

Comment

I have received front fenders and a hood for a 50 commander (these are large items) from California to St. Louis and was very pleased with the service. The cost per item was under $75 each. When you use them, you have to understand that this is like a gravy item for them, ie the passengers come first. If the bus is full with luggage of the passengers, they will will pull these items off to make room for luggage and put them on the next available bus. If you are not in a hurry, then this is not a bad option. All items I have gotten via greyhound have been undamaged. Considering how bulky a front fender (inner and outer) is , this is saying a lot I think. The down side is that you have to go to the bus station to ship or pick up and there is only one here in town.
            Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
            1961 Hawk 4-speed
            1967 Avanti
            1961 Lark 2 door
            1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Working...
            X