1940 & 1941 Coupe Deliveries - A very unlikely pair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1940 & 1941 Coupe Deliveries - A very unlikely pair

A friend and I drove to a cruise night in Frankfort, Illinois this evening in the two Coupe Deliveries. Was interviewed by the local TV channel. Apparently they thought these were pretty special vehicles (aren't all Studebaker's special?)! In fact both are one-of-a-kind so I guess they were correct. The two had never before been shown together... except in my driveway!
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Talk about a rare opportunity! Great photo.

I've never seen the '40 in person, but I did leave some drool on your '41 last year in Cedar Rapids. Pretty neat to see two of those still survive.

Comment

I have never seen one in person,thanks for posting. Congrats on the interview, I too think all Studebakers are "Special".

Comment

Very nice, Dick; congrats on the coverage. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I don't remember ever seeing a picture of the 41 before. Too cool.
          How rare is that rear bumper? Was it unique to the delivery or could any 41 have it?

Comment

Really beautiful cars! Studebaker does the future in the past again.

Comment

Only other delivery i ever saw in person was a 37 Hudson Terreplane,about 30 years ago in Kansas, Very Nice Mr Quinn.
              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

very cool cars,
                I still regret not taking the opportunity to talking to you in CR (you were busy talking to others)
                However I did my share of photographing.
                61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

The 41 has those special upturned bumper extensions, right? I have only seen one other car ever with them, and I think it was one of the cars at Glendale.

Comment

Working...
                  X