• Show
Clear All

• Never saw this ad before

Click image for larger version

Name:	4737812788_ea6a97769e_b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	1731933

While its not an ad for the 1960 Lark per se, I can honestly say that I have never seen it before!

By the way, what is the code for posting this as a large format image in the post itself?
    Last edited by stude62; 06-29-2010, 09:00 AM.

That is an interesting ad...both convertibles having small hub caps! I'd never seen it before, either. Where did you find it, Stu? BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

He Bob,

I maintain a couple blogs that deal with 1960s style and design and while trolling the Internet looking for content I found them. The women's dresses are color key'd to the cars. What is interesting is that its a co-branded ad. I've never heard of the "fabric" maker's name though. And the hubcaps got me, right away as well. The other thing that I noticed is that in most new car ads of the era, the reflections in the paint of the cars is rather muted (some are not existant) but there is a great deal of reflection in the body of the green Lark.

Makes me wonder if it wasn't published in a trade magazine for women's clothing.

Comment

I have not seen this one either, but I have seen the "COMBO" ads before, Studebaker teamed up with others like Budd Corp. suppliers of Bodies, Frames, Wheels etc. etc. for Studebakers & Steel Ads and U.S. Steel for the '57 Golden Hawk 400 Ad for Stainless Steel and GH 400's!
        Last edited by StudeRich; 06-29-2010, 04:13 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by stude62 View Post
          /Cut/The women's dresses are color key'd to the cars./Cut/
          Not quite Stu, the White (Wedding?) dress does not match the Jonquil Yellow '60 Lark!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

"what is the code for posting this as a large format image in the post itself?"

If you have a URL for the photo, just copy it to your post and then type [img] before the URL and [/img] after it.

Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I maintain a couple blogs that deal with 1960s style and design and while trolling the Internet looking for content I found them.

>>>The women's dresses are color key'd to the cars.<<<
              OR

Comment

Working...
              X