The Alley Cat Lives! (PIX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Alley Cat Lives! (PIX)

As promised...Seen last Thursday, June 24 (my Bday BTW), at the Pier 4 Park cruise, here is a 63 GT Hawk that's new to the local scene..at least as an active car. This is the same forlorn GT I posted pix of once before in a back alley with its backlight busted completely out by vandals. Rescued by a gent from just a few blocks away, this Hamilton-built GT is now active again and was making its cruise debut. I managed to miss its arrival, but when I saw it from behind across the field I was pretty sure this was The Alley Cat, and so it was!

Couple more pix to follow...

S.

Looks to be a decent car Steve .
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

The Alley Cat being looked over by new owner Mark Boyak (left) and our own Kevin "kmul221" Mullett, who also owns a 63 GT. (Three GTs were at Pier 4 on the day: the Alley Cat and Kevin's 63, and Steve Porter's 64.)

Engine of the rescued GT...

Interior...

And here's the car about to depart at sunset. Cheers to Mr Boyak for a Stude well rescued!

S.

Comment

Bob--

Yep, it is...way too good to become a parts car, which seemed its likely fate until Mr Boyak stepped in. Actually the key move was made by Mr Boyak's dog: he always saw the car while walking the dog along that alleyway, but paid it little attention until the dog paid the car a close-up visit and, er, "let the matter drop" right beside the old Hawk...in the course of doing the gentlemanly/neighbourly thing and "stooping and scooping", Mr Boyak became intrigued with the car, and ultimately bought and rescued it. Maybe we should make the dog an honourary SDC member? :-)

S.

Comment

Very nice looking car from here.

Comment

From the pictures, that Hawk appears to have the correct Canadian issue chrome-on-steel wheel discs that are much sharper looking than the SS equivalents. These discs are rarely seen as most succumbed to rust over the early years of the Cdn car's life! The May '79 Turning Wheels back cover picture illustrates fairly clearly the profile difference of these Cdn issue discs.

Comment

WCP--

Could be: the Hawk, when parked in the alley, sported a not-my-cup-of-tea set of old-school alloy rims; presumably the stock wheels were stored somewhere indoors, as Mr Boyak didn't say anything about hunting for stock wheels, plus I seem to remember hearing that the Hawk's previous owner had not only the needed spare backlight, but also retained the car's stock wheels...

S.

Comment

Working...
              X