My Wesley & Mandy Wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Wesley & Mandy Wedding

I have the son Wesley on the Friday, June 25 and June 26 on the wedding. The wedding on the wife (divorce) and Mike on the lawn at the Lake Gaston, on North Carolina.
    The Debbie and Mike have the lake on the lawn on the house on the Henrico, North Carolina.

Mandy on the boat on the Lake Gaston.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lstude; 06-27-2010, 11:22 AM.

Was there a little to miuch 'hooch' flowing at the wedding? stupak

Comment

Leonard; thanks for the good pic of the good looking couple by your '52 Commander.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 06-27-2010, 03:39 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Fellows; I may lose a good friend for what I am going to say, but Leonard is a tee-totaler. This is difficult to say publicly, but Leonard has had the misfortune of having a stroke this past winter. He had just lost his business and was in financial difficulty when this medical mishap occurred. He is trying to carry on as a normal person would want to, but he does have a problem expressing himself. It certainly has not diminished his intelligence. He still loves Studebakers, is still president of our chapter. I know no harm was meant in the postings, but I felt compelled to say something. Leonard, forgive me. Frank
        Last edited by studelark; 06-27-2010, 01:43 PM. Reason: misapelling

Comment

Thank you for that post, Frank. As you know, I consider Leonard a good friend through the forum and the pleasant exchange we had when we got to know each other well in October 2007, when he sold me his 1964 Daytona Convertible.

Leonard and I have recently discussed the medical issues; it is a terrible disappointment to learn of such a fine fellow Studebaker enthusiast and personal friend beset with such maladies. Leonard, I remember your kindness when we had to delay the Daytona exchange a couple weeks due to my neck/throat/tongue cancer having returned unexpectedly and needing immediate attention.

Leonard, old buddy, you hang in there and know that those of us so inclinded are praying for your full recovery. (I asked Cari if she wanted to come down and see the wedding pictures, since she met you during the "October surprise" in 2007, and she said "yes." She came down and said, "Wow; Wesley is a handsome guy," which permitted my observation of Mandy being pretty without fear of retribution. <GGG> Cari extends her greetings and best wishes as well.)

Thanks again for the post, Frank...and the best of good wishes your way, Leonard. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I would say, all things considered, Leonard is communicating remarkably well. I certainly caught the gist of his message and his obvious pride. Best wishes for the children's happiness and for Leonard's full recovery.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Leonard, what a lovely setting for the ceremony. Real pictures too--these are the sorts of pictures my own parents took at their wedding, or their friends and parents took. It looks like they were facing into the sun, in the first one. Never mind, if you can grin like that, life should be good for Wesley and Mandy. Formal studio photographers and their studies of absolute perfection are great for the newspaper announcement pictures, but candid ones have the real character, and are the ones people like to see. Good to see the whole family, including the Commander, joining in. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Comment

Oh fer.... Damn, what a kick in the pants to hear this.... Leonard, there's NO doubt that you are and always will be, an AWESOME "Studebaker guy", an inspiration for me. Please don't be upset with Frank. I can see how much he values your friendship and felt it necessary that he share this with your friends. Let there be no doubt Leonard, we ARE your friends!

Hang in there Leonard, this very same thing can happen to ANY of us, you just never know! The odds are, these days, that a fella can make a complete recovery and that's what I'll be praying for. If there is ANYthing that I can do, please do not hesitate to ask!

CONGRATULATIONS on the wedding!!! It looks like it was a beautiful wedding and please accept my very best wishes and happiness for Wesley and Mandy.
                Sonny
                http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

I just got in and saw this; great news on the wedding! Also was sorry to hear of your troubles too. You know you are a dear friend, and nephew Evyn asks about you from time to time. As you know, your kindness toward he and I at SB in 07 made a deep impression on us both, and especially Evyn. You are a large part of sparking a lifelong love of Studebakers in him, which is the ultimate goal we all strive for.

Absolutely nothing but the best wishes to you my good friend; take care of yourself and stay strong, and I cannot wait to see you soon. God Bless You, buddy.

Comment

Congrats on the wedding Leonard! I too am sorry to hear of your medical woes but am glad to see you still on the forum. Tracy and I enjoyed speaking with you (although breifly) in Lancaster. We will add you to our prayers and wish you a full and speedy recovery. If there is anything we can do to help you please dont hesitate to ask. Steve
                    sigpic

Comment

Leonard: Please accept my heartfelt apology for my comment, not knowing the situation. And, my apology to Frank for having to 'out' your personal information in your defense. stupak

Comment

Leonard, this must have been a very proud day for you. And Wesley : () I just spent 12 hours at a nieces wedding.
                        Nothing like getting family together to celebrate and be involved.

My wife and her sister made the wedding cakes. A new found respect indeed for people who create these pieces of art.
                        And to see my close friend (father of the bride/brother n law) break down emotionally during the father/bride dance.....very few dry eyes in the place.

Leonard, stay strong........I miss all the pictures you dig out of your archives and post.
                        61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Leonard; Keep up the good fight. Our prayers are with you for a complete recovery.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

I had the stroke on the Central Studebaker Chapter on the September on the meeting, and I can't get any words. So then I got the doctor on the C-scan and the MRI and the Cardiovascular Stress Lab, but I can't get any words. Then I had the Thursday, June 24, 2010 on my kitchen on the Possum. I bite my fingers, so I had to the Hospital on the Rabies Vaccine, and then I had the Hospital on the Sunday.

Comment

We're just very happy to have you here buddy. Much love from the Andrews clan, and come here any time you can, you are needed. And write me any time at bams50@msn.com . God Bless!

Comment

Working...
                              X