Barrett-Jackson Silver Hawk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrett-Jackson Silver Hawk?

Was just watching the Orange County BJ auction on Speed - they said it's live. They gavelled down a very familiar looking Silver Hawk (red w/ white fins) that has been on eBay multiple times to the high bidder at $22,500.
    I thought it was a bit pricey, but still is a desirable car. Any comments?
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

It looked like a nice car that was well done with light modifications. I think that the red helped. The announcers and probably the bidders do not know much about Studebakers. Mike Joy thought that it should have had a bright metal panel on the trunk lid.

A sanity check on Studebaker prices versus others directly followed this car. They were of about the same condition and also with mild modifications - '72 Chevy pickup $35K and '57 Bel Air $40K.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I am not a judge, by any means, but it looked pretty good. The price set off my CASO meter, however. They panned along the sides, and the quarter panel looked a little gamey to me. Remember, the buyer payes like 10% premium on that price. I had a 61 Hawk and I have to admit that I liked the twin stainless pieces on the fins, it seemed to minimize them, if thats possible.

Comment

Working...
      X