Orange and White Speedster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange and White Speedster

I occasionally take a little razzing for posting lots of cars that catch my eye when I find them. Usually only do so if there's something unusual about the car or listing, or looks like a really good deal. This one I'm posting because I LOVE the color combo:

Was that an available color scheme for that car?

I love the Lemon/Lime Speedsters, but to me having the interior the same colors is too much. Not usually a fan of the correct diamond interior pattern, but on this car it really works for me

Dreamsickle!
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

To my knowledge this color was not available on the Speedster in 1955. When they first came out they were only Baby s--- yellow and olive drab (this was the era's description), they also were only available with P/B, P/S, P/W, P/Seats, and Automatic Trans. About 1/4 way in the year the people who didn't want all the garbage on their Sporty car won out, and we could order what our customers wanted. At that time the new and better colors became available. I did sell a few of them.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

Hey Dick, would love to see a picture of you in your spiffy salesman's suit standing proudly next to a brand new Speedster- or any new Stude for that matter!

Comment

There used to be a Speedster web site that included an interactive display of all the original factory color schemes. I can't find it. Is it still active?
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Although not a Speedster, this Commander was at the Glendale International meet. I was told the colors were original. Very very 50s.

Pat Dilling
            Olivehurst, CA
            Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

As far as I know only the last Studebaker Speedster off the production line was red and white. My
              car is painted in 1955 Studebaker colors, it was what the restorer wanted. The person that restored
              this car was a long term SDC member. When I get to work I will post his name,some of you might
              know who he is. The origional color was white and gray and purchased in NYC.I have listed both of my Speedsters on eBay.
              Jack

Comment

Wow Jack, didn't make the connection that they were yours! That orange one is simply delicious! I see you still have Sid. Good luck on your sales.

Here's the other one:

Comment

Speaking of orange & white Speedsters, I caught this beauty driving into this years Studebaker swap meet & show at South Bend.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1274.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1662390
                  sigpic
                  In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by bams50 View Post
                    I occasionally take a little razzing for posting lots of cars that catch my eye when I find them. Usually only do so if there's something unusual about the car or listing, or looks like a really good deal. This one I'm posting because I LOVE the color combo:

Was that an available color scheme for that car?

I love the Lemon/Lime Speedsters, but to me having the interior the same colors is too much. Not usually a fan of the correct diamond interior pattern, but on this car it really works for me
                    This page shows the Speedster color combinations. I would think the "orange" is Coraltone.
                    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
                      This page shows the Speedster color combinations. I would think the "orange" is Coraltone.
                      The Ditzler chip card for 55 shows a 'Pima Red' that looks pretty similar:

Huge supplier of Automotive Paint, Auto Body Supplies, Airbrush Equipment, Car Detailing Supplies, Pinstripe Paint, Spray Guns & Safety Respirators at Wholesale Prices. Our items are factory direct and we carry a wide variety of Top Quality Brands.

Comment

These cars are SO much prettier than ANYTHING being built today.

Comment

I have found the restorers name it's Bob Forrester.Bob restored this car in the early eighties after discovering it in an airplane hanger at the
                          Teterboro NJ airport. car was originality White and Gray.
                          Jack

Comment

Bob,
                            White and Orange...could it possibly remind you of one of your favorite restaurants?

"That orange one is simply delicious!"

Comment

Originally posted by StudeSchack View Post
                              Bob,
                              White and Orange...could it possibly remind you of one of your favorite restaurants?

"That orange one is simply delicious!"
                              No, it actually reminds me of one of my favorite childhood treats, the creamsicle! But now that you mention it.....

Comment

Working...
                              X