PDA

View Full Version : Springfield, MO here we come !!!

ROADRACELARK
06-23-2010, 04:33 PM
This is aimed at all you Studebaker owners/enthusists from the Southeast United States.
Here is your chance to attend the SDC 47th International Meet. My family attended the Meet in Springfield, Mo. in 1985, and again in 1991. My parents, Bob and Caroline Miller, came with us in 1991. They both, have since, passed away. Those two meets were among some of the best we've ever attended since our first "I.M." in 1976. If you miss this one, you'll regret it. We'll be there. Those folks really know how to host a meet!

Dan Miller
Auburn, GA

mbstude
06-23-2010, 05:48 PM
When Richard Quinn proposed that I take a Board Member position in the Antique Studebaker Club, the first question I asked was "What would I be required to do?" His first reply was "Attend every International meet."

So I'll be there whether I like it or not. Dangit.

DEEPNHOCK
06-23-2010, 06:22 PM
Help me out here....

Officially, there are 13 cities, 11 towns, and 14 townships, for a total of 38. Of these, only 16 are incorporated cities or towns.

Of the 11 towns, 4 are in Wisconsin. In some states (like Wisconsin), towns are the equivalent of townships.

Of the 14 townships, 9 are in Pennsylvania, 2 are in Michigan, 2 are in New Jersey, and 1 is in Minnesota.

Complete list:
Springfield city, Florida
Springfield city, Georgia
Springfield city, Illinois
Springfield city, Kentucky
Springfield city, Massachusetts
Springfield city, Michigan
Springfield city, Minnesota
Springfield city, Missouri
Springfield city, Nebraska
Springfield city, Ohio
Springfield city, Oregon
Springfield city, South Dakota
Springfield city, Tennessee

Springfield town, Colorado
Springfield town, Dane County, Wisconsin
Springfield town, Jackson County, Wisconsin
Springfield town, Louisiana
Springfield town, Marquette County, Wisconsin
Springfield town, Otsego County, New York
Springfield town, Penobscot County, Maine
Springfield town, South Carolina
Springfield town, St. Croix County, Wisconsin
Springfield town, Sullivan County, New Hampshire
Springfield town, Windsor County, Vermont

Springfield township, Bradford County, Pennsylvania
Springfield township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Springfield township, Burlington County, New Jersey
Springfield township, Cottonwood County, Minnesota
Springfield township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania
Springfield township, Erie County, Pennsylvania
Springfield township, Fayette County, Pennsylvania
Springfield township, Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania
Springfield township, Kalkaska County, Michigan
Springfield township, Mercer County, Pennsylvania
Springfield township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
Springfield township, Oakland County, Michigan
Springfield township, Union County, New Jersey
Springfield township, York County, Pennsylvania

This is aimed at all you Studebaker owners/enthusists from the Southeast United States.
Here is your chance to attend the International Meet. My family attended the Meet in Springfield in 1985, and again in 1991. My parents, Bob and Caroline Miller, came with us in 1991. They both, have since, passed away. Those two meets were among some of the best we've ever attended since our first "I.M." in 1976. If you miss this one, you'll regret it. We'll be there. Those folks really know how to host a meet!

Dan Miller
Auburn, GA

DEEPNHOCK
06-23-2010, 06:23 PM
You know I am joking, but which SE Springfield are you talking about, and when?

railway
06-23-2010, 06:57 PM
And one is a Capital City.(G)

ROADRACELARK
06-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Jeff,

I know you're joking, BUT....there's only ONE "SPRINGFIELD" that is hosting the Studebaker International Meet, June 19-25, 2011, and I think MOST if not all persons that are into Studebakers and frequent this Forum, will know what I mean. I DO applaud you for your expertise in typing all of those facts and figures as well as all of those city names and variations....OUTSTANDING! Hope to see you there Jeff

Dan Miller
Auburn, GA....(not AL or IN or CA or IL or KS or KY or ME or MA or NE or NY or PA or WA or......)

Gary1953
06-23-2010, 09:24 PM
The members of the Ozark Trails Chapter hope to see all the forum members next year at Springfield. We believe everyone will enjoy the time spent in Springfield.

bams50
06-24-2010, 08:09 AM
As a fan of the TV show The Simpsons, I heard that the reason they chose 'Springfield' for their hometown was because it was the only name that belongs to at least one city or town in every state. In the 20 years of the show they have had fun teasing at the state many times- coming right to the point of naming the state and then dropping off <G>

I have my reservations at the host hotel already, and am shooting for making a week of it. That way I'll have time to look up Homer and his neighbor Flan-diddly-anders:)

52-fan
06-24-2010, 01:22 PM
I have been anticipating the Springfield, MISSOURI international meet for at least 3 years. Due to job and family situations, I have not been to an SDC international meet since the mid 80s. Things will have to be very grave for me to miss this one so close to home. The Ozark Trails folks have been working on this for quite some time and it should be a good one. (No pressure Gary)

bradnree
06-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Previous Springfield info....

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?41500-2011-International-Meet&highlight=springfield

brad

Chris_Dresbach
06-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Looking forward to this meet. I'm planning to attend. :)

mbstude
06-24-2010, 11:31 PM
I talked to the owner of the Harry Barnes '38 Commander today. I think I've talked him into an adventure, so maybe we'll show up driving that car. We've got a year to get it ready so who knows what might happen.

railway
06-25-2010, 12:16 AM
Cool, The adventure is one of the things I enjoy with older car hobby. People are amassed that we drive them on long distance trips. In their day when new, folks went all over the country with them. And the roads are in better shape now than then. Good tires, good brakes, and a good gas gauge and you're ready for the road.

clonelark
07-01-2010, 02:58 AM
Wonder if Bondo Billy is going? i need T-shirts, and would like to have one for the meet and one for the forum.

bradnree
07-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Springfield Missouri

New Springfield Missouri information that is posted elsewhere...

http://www.sdcmeet.com/

brad

Captain Billy
07-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Just thought I'd give this a bump.....we're booked and ready to go. Having to cancell Glendale really sucked but could not be avoided, so a few monifications to my trip maps and we're there. We plan on stopping at the biscuit throwing joint in Sikeston , Mo. with stops in Bardstown Ky....bourbon country...love the smell, the taste...not so much

See ya there

okc63avanti
07-24-2010, 07:23 PM
I will be there with what will be beyond a doubt, the most beautiful and freshly restored / modified 1963 Studebaker Avanti in all of captivity.

Gary1953
07-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Just thought I'd give this a bump.....we're booked and ready to go. Having to cancell Glendale really sucked but could not be avoided, so a few monifications to my trip maps and we're there. We plan on stopping at the biscuit throwing joint in Sikeston , Mo. with stops in Bardstown Ky....bourbon country...love the smell, the taste...not so much

See ya there

Lamberts the home of the throwed roles has a restuarant in Ozark, MO also (just south of Springfield a few miles).

Gary1953
07-24-2010, 10:04 PM
Wonder if Bondo Billy is going? i need T-shirts, and would like to have one for the meet and one for the forum.

The host Chapter (Ozark Trails) is selling T-shirts not Bondo Billy.
I can sell you one and mail it to you if you don't want to wait.

railway
07-24-2010, 10:39 PM
Lamberts the home of the throwed roles has a restuarant in Ozark, MO also (just south of Springfield a few miles).

I have beem to both Lamberts in Mo. The food is great at either place, and watch out for the flying rolls, there are fresh and hot. Best pass-a-round side dishes, I love the fried pototes, and blacked peas the most. And the Hog Jouls where more than I could eat.

Captain Billy
07-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Gary...I already got the t-shirt...I didn't get no biscuits...yet

Gary1953
07-29-2010, 10:05 PM
Gary...I already got the t-shirt...I didn't get no biscuits...yet

I would throw you one but you are to far away!

57studesilverhawk
12-30-2010, 03:12 PM
Ebon , I love your Quote, but I love her "still" , Hope to see you all in Springfield, Evan S.

Don55
01-14-2011, 11:33 PM
Hi chris, i just got on form last week for first time. I dont know much, but hope to learn how this all works. I'm for now under " may change laterstudebaker" i may change that later. I did'nt know thats what it was for.no one will find me. If you want to be my friend, drop in.see ya.don morgan

DEEPNHOCK
01-15-2011, 07:30 AM
Another modest Avanti owner:p;):D:o:):rolleyes:

(But exactly who is in captivity here?:confused:)

I will be there with what will be beyond a doubt, the most beautiful and freshly restored / modified 1963 Studebaker Avanti in all of captivity.

okc63avanti
01-15-2011, 08:33 AM
Another modest Avanti owner:p;):D:o:):rolleyes:

(But exactly who is in captivity here?:confused:)

My bank account due to restoration, maybe .... I'm pushing for it to be done by the National meet, but ..... ???