PDA

View Full Version : 41 Commander Coupe

JunkYarDog
06-20-2010, 12:04 AM
I have a friend that just got a 41 Commander Coupe , It' is pretty nice body wise and interior wise. The motor has a bearing issue. Total 100% bone stock.

I showed him a copy of turning wheels but he said he didn't see a lot of part information for prewar. Keep in mine he doesn't own a computer.

Where do you think a good place with printed literature would be I can turn him onto. "Thanks in advance "

wolfie
06-20-2010, 02:05 AM
I THINK the Antique Studebaker Club has a monthly or semi-monthly publication similar to TW but catering to pre-war Studes. At any rate he should join their club (and SDC as well). Steve

rockne10
06-20-2010, 07:08 AM
http://theantiquestudebakerclub.com/

From this site you can print the application for ASC membership.

The ASC publishes the bi-monthly ANTIQUE STUDEBAKER REVIEW.

Retired
06-20-2010, 08:36 AM
Most vendors don't adverrtise common motor parts, but they are available. Get a parts book and send a list of your needs with part numbers to the various vendors in SDC TW's and in ASC The Review. Try Joliet Studebaker to name one such source.

jackb
06-20-2010, 08:40 AM
I believe Bill Cathcart has a lot of pre-war engine stuff.....at least last time we talked..

Dwain G.
06-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Is this a green car Bob?

JunkYarDog
06-21-2010, 12:09 AM
Dwain it's a Coupe and I haven't seen it yet. John N. from S/64 bought it. He still hasn't brought it home yet. But I take it, it wasn't to far away.

The motor was suppose to have been rebuilt some time back and has about 500 miles on it and it has a rod making noise. Commander six with 3 speed no O.D.

Dwain G.
06-21-2010, 01:07 PM
There used to be a green coupe in town, owned by an old lady, don't remember her name. I used to see it at Clifford's Auto Body every so often. Ray Hall told me she would bring it right in whenever she dinged a fender and would caution him not to mention anything about it to her relatives. I often wondered where that car went.

Don Kelstrom
06-21-2010, 01:49 PM
That rod sounding noise could also be a bad timing gear.

JunkYarDog
06-21-2010, 11:38 PM
I remember a little old lady that drove a 34 Chevy coupe to town every Saturday to Winebrenners grocery on Bay street in P.O. it was Green. I kind of remember the Studie your talking about the next time I see John I'll ask him.
Do you know who's owns the 40 sedan with the red interior that's for sale in Bremerton ?