41 Commander Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 41 Commander Coupe

I have a friend that just got a 41 Commander Coupe , It' is pretty nice body wise and interior wise. The motor has a bearing issue. Total 100% bone stock.

I showed him a copy of turning wheels but he said he didn't see a lot of part information for prewar. Keep in mine he doesn't own a computer.

Where do you think a good place with printed literature would be I can turn him onto. "Thanks in advance "

I THINK the Antique Studebaker Club has a monthly or semi-monthly publication similar to TW but catering to pre-war Studes. At any rate he should join their club (and SDC as well). Steve
    sigpic

Comment

From this site you can print the application for ASC membership.

The ASC publishes the bi-monthly ANTIQUE STUDEBAKER REVIEW.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Most vendors don't adverrtise common motor parts, but they are available. Get a parts book and send a list of your needs with part numbers to the various vendors in SDC TW's and in ASC The Review. Try Joliet Studebaker to name one such source.

Comment

I believe Bill Cathcart has a lot of pre-war engine stuff.....at least last time we talked..

Comment

Is this a green car Bob?
            Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Dwain it's a Coupe and I haven't seen it yet. John N. from S/64 bought it. He still hasn't brought it home yet. But I take it, it wasn't to far away.

The motor was suppose to have been rebuilt some time back and has about 500 miles on it and it has a rod making noise. Commander six with 3 speed no O.D.

Comment

There used to be a green coupe in town, owned by an old lady, don't remember her name. I used to see it at Clifford's Auto Body every so often. Ray Hall told me she would bring it right in whenever she dinged a fender and would caution him not to mention anything about it to her relatives. I often wondered where that car went.
                Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

That rod sounding noise could also be a bad timing gear.

Comment

I remember a little old lady that drove a 34 Chevy coupe to town every Saturday to Winebrenners grocery on Bay street in P.O. it was Green. I kind of remember the Studie your talking about the next time I see John I'll ask him.
                    Do you know who's owns the 40 sedan with the red interior that's for sale in Bremerton ?

Comment

Working...
                    X