Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my trunk emblem install finished - and it only took two months!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my trunk emblem install finished - and it only took two months!

So I bought a nice new emblem for the Lark, which I started to install in April. Then I lost a trim nut into the body. So then I had to go looking for these trim nuts, which I finally found on eBay. Then I had to wait for the weather to break and my work schedule to line up. Before that happened, the new Emergency break cable came in so I dropped it off to get that installed. While it was at the garage, we decided to get the alternator rebuilt, and we waited for that to come back. FINALLY got the car back and had a break in the weather and started to take apart the who trunk lock assembly to get to this one nut when I tightened it too tight and it snapped off! I had to call SI and order a chrome trim ring, which we installed this morning between rain showers.

And it only took me two months to get it done!

all that and no pictures? <g>

nate
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

But you DID get it finished.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

It is amazing how some smaller final touches can make so much difference.

Comment

You remind me of this guy that came by my shop a few years ago and asked what number spark plug he should use I told him and then sold him a set, about a week later he came by again and I asked how the hawk was running with the new plugs, he say he doesn't know yet he still has 2 more to put in, one a day was his days work, takes all kinds...Bob
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Well Bob, my problem is that I don't have a garage that you can do anything within. Its an old Model T garage that is narrow and has electricity. If I pull the Lark in, then I'm standing in the rain. If I back it in, its so darn dark I couldn't see what I am doing. And the rain this year in Ohio has been unrelenting up until this past week. Before last Monday, we had only had two days here without rain.

As for a finishing touch, we're a long - LONG way from that. Nope, the new medallion was strictly something pretty for the old girl.

But when I took her out this morning I came out of target and a man was standing by her, looking. Asked if this was my car and I said it was. "I bought one of these new in August 1963. My father made me take it back to the dealership and put me in a Ford instead. I wanted the Studebaker and ended with something that my Dad would have driven."

Comment

Working...
            X