Studebaker Ad, January 31, 1964

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Ad, January 31, 1964

I was doing a keyword search for "Studebaker" on Google's News archives, where they have tons of local newspapers digitized and stored, and I came up with a very interesting ad that ran in the Pittsburgh Press on January 31, 1964. I assume it ran in other national papers as well.

In the ad, which was a full 1/3 tabloid page, was a photo of Gordon Grundy in front of a new '64 Studebaker, with a letter below written first-person style to the reader. The ad was titled "Why Should YOU Buy A Studebaker?"

It's great reading, as Studebaker's PR folks try to put the best possible spin on the very recently announced South Bend shutdown and Hamilton production. The thumbnail here is too small to read, you can see it full-size at this link.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Any suggestions as to how to get that annoying "Pop-Up like" thing at the right to go away so you can read the story? I used the magnifying glass icon to downsize the story to get it to fit the tiny view window in their Webpage, but then it's too small to read, ARGH!

OK, I guess I am just not used to this odd type format the Newspaper uses.
    I found that if you click the ICON # 5 from Left, a sort of big + thing, you can fullscreen the story, then a Claw (hand) cursor will allow dragging it down so you actually can read all of both columns, but I gave up trying to copy it, just can't be done.

Thanks Clark for posting this GREAT Story!
    Last edited by StudeRich; 06-18-2010, 03:10 PM. Reason: Ability to Read news Story
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I made a full-size copy using my patented secret process Anyone who would like one, please PM or email me.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
      X