wagonaire part needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wagonaire part needed

Looking for solid rust free tailgate torsion bar. Mine is pitted and ready to break.

Originally posted by super wagonaire View Post
    Looking for solid rust free tailgate torsion bar. Mine is pitted and ready to break.
    Be VERY careful handling those torsion springs. They have a LOT of tension on them. Bob Peterson got sent to the emergency room trying to remove one.
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Several years ago I ordered a hood prop rod for my 60 Lark from one of the Studebaker vendors (I forget which one) and was sent the "mystery" part in the photo below. When I saw your request I looked at the parts book and it appears that the mystery part might be a tailgate torsion rod. I noticed that there is a left and a right and I have no idea which one this might be. If it's anything you are interested in I think I paid around $8 for it and you can have it for that price plus whatever it costs to have it shipped. If interested drop me an email dpson1954@comcast.net .
      Attached Files
      Last edited by dpson; 06-12-2010, 05:32 AM.
      Dan Peterson
      Montpelier, VT
      1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
      1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Thanks for the try Dan, but thats not it.
        Thanks Again,
        Tony

Comment

Working...
        X