Looking for a title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a title

I have a '47 M16 that i am building and i am short a title for it. if anyone has a title they are willing to part with it would make things alot easier for me to get the truck registered.

Thanks ,

Andy

May want to contact Broadway title co.
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Heck, I thought this was a contest to name your truck. Now that I'm awake, I'm wondering how having a title with a different engine and/or cab number would help you register your M16. I might need to know this at some time, so anyone with an answer chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by Maynard View Post
        Heck, I thought this was a contest to name your truck. Now that I'm awake, I'm wondering how having a title with a different engine and/or cab number would help you register your M16. I might need to know this at some time, so anyone with an answer chime in.
        Unless the title came with the ID plates (one on the left front frame rail, the other from the seat riser) they will not match. In many cases they will not anyway as vehicles were titled based on the engine number. I have owned a couple of Studebakers that used the engine number and one had a remanufactured engine (Rogers I believe) dropped in during the 1950's.

Comment

Depending on the jurisdiction, you may be able to get a title with a Bill of Sale and an Affidavit, Statutory Declaration, or an appearance before a Justice of the Peace. That's what a title company would probably have to do. might be worth the fees. Good luck.
          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

This subject has been done to death. If you use the search feature you will find a lot of info about what can be done. What I did to contact my state police and had one of them come and inspect my truck. Luckily the trooper was a car nut. He checked all of the serial numbers and ran it through the system looking to see if the truck was stolen. When it came back as not stolen he filled out his paperwork and gave me a copy. I took the police report (and one hundred bucks) to my friendly neighborhood insurance agent who then issued me an insurance bond. I then went to the DMV with all this paperwork and in very short order had a new title for my truck. From what I understand; a title bond is good for three years and will pay off anyone who comes out of the woodwork to claim the vehicle. If after three years someone tries to claim it as theirs they are SOL. I guess it’s like a statute of limitation.
            I learned a very long time ago not to put money into a project without having clear ownership. When I was very young my older brother found a bicycle frame in the trash. He brought it home and fixed it up, new paint, wheels, ect. Somehow the original owner found out what my brother had done and one evening the police showed up at our door to recover the bike. Needless to say the kid who threw away a frame got a bike with new wheels, paint and everything.
            That is why the first thing I did when I brought my truck home was to establish ownership. Because whatever you do to a vehicle becomes part of the vehicle and you will lose out if it happens to be stolen or perhaps if little Timmy appears with a will from grandpa Chester stating that the vehicle was supposed to go little Timmy. Little Timmy now has a shiny new car thanks to your hard work not to mention the money spent. Neal

Comment

Titles... Will if you buy a Title try to make sure you get the serial number I.D. plate off the cab with it. It's pretty easy, just two common head screws and there it is.

I think Chevy's back in the early days were the most fun, They had the engine number on the title and if the engine went bad and it was replaced even though it was the correct car for the title there was no way of proving it with the replacement engine.

So in that respect we're lucky. Change the plate and we have matching numbers.

Comment

Working...
              X