I feel better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel better

I had about $1,000 worth of mechanical stuff stuff done to the Lark (all safety & electrical related stuff) that were far beyond my scope of skills, which is fine because when it comes to your brakes, your steering and electrical shorts, you don't mess around, especially if you don't have the time available or the work space.

So I took her out on the freeway ( a first for me) after I picked her up and she performed much better than I thought she would. BUT with the windows and vents open all this C**p thats been hiding in every nook and cranny just blew out and the inside of the car became a whirlwind of natures detris.

So I got her home, swept her out and then started tackling minor stuff. I also removed her crumbling sunvisors, retaped (whats left of) them and spray painted them white, and got them reinstalled one handed.

Sounds like you could bring it to the Zone meet next month !
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Most likely the Debris came from the cowl vent. You can remove the grille below the windshield with a few screws and vac it out. There will be lots of dirt and leaves on top of the heater core and in the Climatizer Filter also on top of the core. The left side is a direct summer fresh air vent, so if open you will get blasted with whatever is in there!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
      X