Studebaker Wagon Store Burkesville, KY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Wagon Store Burkesville, KY

Last Saturday had my 62 Lark at the square in Burkesville at the Cumberland River Cruiser's cruise-in. One of the locals informed me that one of the old buildings was a Studebaker Dealership years ago. Being next door to my shop I mentioned a wood floor...not cars I was informed...wagons. Said he had a picture post card showing it (his daughter found this post card at a garage sale). I asked for a copy and now have it. Sure enough the photo post card shows the square and you can read "Studebaker Wagons" on the building sign. Dirt...no pavement...no tire marks in the dirt. There are wagons and horses. The ladie's dresses are long. at the bottom of the picture is "7336 Northwest Corner Public Square, Burkesville, KY. No boarder on the card (that started in 1915 to save ink). There is a divider bar on the back of the card which indicates 1907 to 1914 vintage post card (according to google). One cent stamp doesn't narrow the time frame (1872-1916...17 & 18 2 CENTS...1919 TO 1951 one cent). The post office stamp is Oct 22 Burkesville, KY. Addressed to (name omitted) A.B.C. Tennessee. No town, and po box, no street address. I have just a copy but would be more than send a copy to anyone that would like it.
    Ray Stewart SDC
    51 pick-up
    57 silver hawk
    62 lark

Scan and post please!
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...