Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New M5 truck

Hi Folks,
    Steve is in Charlotte NC and has just bought a new to us truck (pics will come later!). The numbers he gave me are M5-C225641. Can anyone tell me more about what it is he bought? Any input would be appreciated.Thanks, Tracy
    sigpic

Numbers

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
    Hi Folks,
    Steve is in Charlotte NC and has just bought a new to us truck (pics will come later!). The numbers he gave me are M5-C225641. Can anyone tell me more about what it is he bought? Any input would be appreciated.Thanks, Tracy
    That is the cab number,The serial number is either on a tag riveted to the left front frame or on a tag on the drivers side seat riser.
    Dick

Comment

Ok, so tag on left frame reads (assumed(M) 5-25922. Does that tell us more? Shewolf
      sigpic

Comment

Primarily interested in what year? Thanks again, Tracy
        sigpic

Comment

Here are a few pics of our newest family member. Tracy
          Tracy called it a new family member, I call it a foster child and For Sale!! The engine in it is Ford 4 cylinder in unknown condition. There is also a SBC engine there. I will classify it as an ambitious project but quite savable. Excellent street rod material!! The running boards are there and usable but rusty, tailgate is there but I really didnt inspect it. There are at least 3 fenders there. The parts that go between the hood and fenders with the headlight pods are there and very nice. I think I spotted the original block in the back of the truck but my truck got full and I quit digging stuff out. I didnt check the door glass but all of the other glass is there and good. Both bumpers are there and might clean up. I really didnt get to check much out as I was digging the other stuff in the unit out of the way. Bed is FULL of Stude stuff. Lets start at $600 as is with buyer picking everything up in Charlotte, NC this Sat B4 11:00 AM. Will trade or might negotiate a bit for cash. I bought it at storage auction so no title but I will give a Bill of Sale. I have to move it Sat or pay storage of $20 week for up to 1 month. There are some wheels that I believe will bolt up there but the buyer will need air and a jack as well as a hand full of lug nuts. I can bring a jack and an engine hoist to load the Chevy motor if the buyer wants it. I have to rent a trailer to get it to SC so it will be a bit cheaper if you want it now. Just PM me and let me know if you are interested in it. Thanks, Steve
          Attached Files
          Last edited by wolfie; 06-10-2010, 12:28 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

According TO THE June 1986 TW the 1947 M5'S Were from serial number M5-19053 to M5-42429 . So that would make it a 1947, I have a 1947 M5 that was buildt in May of 47 and it has a serial number of m5-29142. There were 23377 M5'S buildt IN 1947. After looking at the picture that doesn't appear to be the original engine
            Dick
            Last edited by 47M5; 06-10-2010, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 47M5 View Post
              According TO THE June 1986 TW the 1947 M5'S Were from serial number M5-19053 to M5-42429 . So that would make it a 1947, I have a 1947 M5 that was buildt in May of 47 and it has a serial number of m5-29142. There were 23377 M5'S buildt IN 1947.
              Thanks!! I wondered what year it was. They had it listed as a 50's Studebaker truck with all parts for restoration. I believe they lied on both counts.

Originally Posted by 47M5
              After looking at the picture that doesn't appear to be the original engine

Nope, Ford 4 cylinder. Thanks, Steve
              Last edited by wolfie; 06-10-2010, 12:40 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X