Studebaker Wagons Burkesville, KY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Wagons Burkesville, KY

I took my 62 Lark to the square in Burkesville, Ky last Saturday for the Cumberland River Cruisers cruise. A fellow CRC member & long time local resident informed me that one building on the square (two doors down from my shop) was a Studebaker Wagon store at one time and that his daughter had located a post card (via garage sale) showing it. I asked for a copy and it was brought to me today. Indeed, you can make out the "Studebaker Wagon" sign, there are wagons in front of the store, no paved street, no tire tracks in the dirt, and the ladies dresses are long. Caption on the post card reads "7336 Northwest Corner of Public Square, Burkesville, KY. The post card had a divided back (indicating 1907-1914 vintage) and no boarders on the photo side (1915 and after post cards had boarders to save on ink). The stamp is a 1 cent so not a good time indicator there. The mailing address Mrs. (can't read it) A.B. C. Tennessee. No town...no zip...no street address. Postal stamp is Oct 22 Burkesville, KY ...no year. All I have is a copy but will try to figure out how to post.

Last summer there was a post concerning Stalcup Studebaker here in Burkesville...that was a different building not on the square.

Anyone want a photo copy? let me know and I will mail it to you.
    Ray Stewart SDC
    51 pick-up
    57 silver hawk
    62 lark

I would like a copy. That is so neat that you were offered tha picture. Really great.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
    X