Packardbaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packardbaker

I shot these pictures of the 1957 Packard Clipper that is curently undergoing repairs at Eddies Custom Cars in Morro Bay, California. That is one of the shops that I am using to restore the Bruke Bros Avanti. It's of course powered by a Mc Cullough supercharged 275 HP, 289 Studebaker V8. Nice car and the owner is trying to make it road worthy and a fair weather driver.

Enjoy and remember what they were like when we saw them on the streets all the time.
    Dan

I always liked those 57 Packardbakers, they got a clean look with the stainles trim, I wonder what one would look like as a pillar-less 4 door like the Imperials, Cadillacs, and Lincolns that it ranked with at the time.
    Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
    Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
    Lizella, GA

Comment

What a beautiful car! Thanks for sharing the pics!
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I imagine that the two-tone was different originally since the firewall is turquoise.

I really like this car since my first Studebaker was a 1957 President Classic in turquoise and white (a similar car, sans supercharger).
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
          I imagine that the two-tone was different originally since the firewall is turquoise.

I really like this car since my first Studebaker was a 1957 President Classic in turquoise and white (a similar car, sans supercharger).
          Maybe the turquise firewall was stock, image how dirty a white firewall would get.
          Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
          Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
          Lizella, GA

Comment

Working...
          X