1924 studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1924 studebaker

I have a friend who has a 1924 or 1925 Studebacker that he may be persuaded to sell. The serial # is 2917. He has had the car for 40 years and it has been stored in a barn in CT. He was told when he bought the car that it had belonged to, and was used by, the governor of CT at that time. There is a complete manual that goes with the car. The body is in a good, solid, condition. The interior needs work. The gauges in the dashboard are in excellent condition. I have attached 5 photos (I have more but there seems to be a limit of 5). He doesn't really have a price in mind for the car so if you are interested, please make an offer. Of course, any questions regarding the car can be asked and I will do my best to get an answer.
    Attached Files

Best bet is to have him figure out an asking price. Most people are uncomfortable with making a blind offer when they have no idea what the owner is thinking. Definitely a nice find for the right person!

Comment

Be prepared for the "spelling Nazis" to descend on you for your incorrect spelling of "STUDEBAKER".

Comment

I know. It's hard to make an offer when you don't know what the other person is thinking. And, of course, the buyer wants the price to be as low as possible while the seller wants to get as much as he can. I'll talk to him and see if he can at least come up with something and then maybe that will start the discussion on what would be reasonable for all parties.

Comment

On another notes

Originally posted by parmelee View Post
          I have a friend who has a 1924 or 1925 Studebacker that he may be persuaded to sell. The serial # is 2917.

Whats the truck hiding in the background

Comment

I have two 1920s cars, sorry but they are Buicks, but I do have an Avanti. The 20s cars do not command a high price these days unless they are a very high end or one off car. My original 1928 in excellent condition is probably worth $12,500 at best. The 23 on the other hand is a McLaughlin Buick, right hand drive, export model, one of two known to exist, and it is probably worth in the high 30K range. It has been totally restored, frame off. OK these are just qualifiers.

I have seen several similar cars as to your friends. I would expect that a range of $4 to 6K, maybe a high of 8K if the interior was in good condition. There are folks who would be willing to pay a premium up to $10K for an unrestored, but running and somewhat presentable car.

This is only my opinion from looking at many cars. I am not an expert by any means.

Great looking car, would love to see more pics.

Here are a couple of pics of my 23 and 28 so you have some idea as to what I am talking about.

John in VA
            Attached Files
            John
            1963 Avanti R2
            Marshall, VA

Comment

There never seems to be a shortage of great STUDEBAKER barn finds

Tom
              sigpic

Comment

The serial number is on the driver's side frame rail behind the front wheel. The number quoted is too small, probably the body numer.

Terry

Comment

Working...
                X