Saving a cheap Avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving a cheap Avanti

To assuage my guilt at parting out 3 Avanti's, I'm foolishly trying to save the one the PO spent 18K on before giving up. I could part it out for 7-10K, but will dump a $1000 or so and maybe 100 hours in to it and probably get less. N8 is helping in trade for some shop stuff I seldom use, but the car needs a lot. I'm installing new carpet, a nice interior from a parts car, including a better dash pad, a new wiring harness and more. When I'm done, it'll still need paint and odds and end, but I'll quit.
    JDP Maryland

Maybe when you complete this task, the collector car market will have rebounded and people will be eager to pay what this car is worth. Good luck.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Nuts with feeling guilty, you always have offered them whole first. If nobody steps up, you gotta do what you gotta do. Nice of you to try saving this one all the same.

Comment

I kinda like the car, actually... someone already did all the important stuff, you know, the stuff that doesn't show. Suspension, frame repair, etc. The wiring was still a disaster but I'll fix that when we put the dash back together. Then it'll still need a paint job but hopefully will just need some tuning to be a good driver for someone.

Just realized that there's a pair of Konis right next to me as I type this that would fit right on it...

nate

(damn, forgot to buy a Powerball ticket...)
        --
        55 Commander Starlight
        http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

JDP, if it was just about the money, none of us would mess around with Studes.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
            JDP, if it was just about the money, none of us would mess around with Studes.

jack vines
            True, but for me, it has to be both, at least with most of the cars.
            JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
            X