Bob Marcks At Glendale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Marcks At Glendale

One of the most informative seminars at Glendale was the one given by Bob Marcks on the proposed 1967 & later Studebakers. For the first time, I got to see his renderings with my own eyes. I know they have been published before on the Forum, magazines and books, but to refresh one's memory, I will post the pics I took of them here.

Craig
    Last edited by 8E45E; 06-03-2010, 10:40 PM.

Great artwork!
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I don't recall seeing these before. I like the rear treatment on the first and second pictures. Kinda retro.

Comment

Thanks for the post. Curved side glass would have helped most of these.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I recall him saying that various aspects of the shell, including the doors, had to be carried over from the '66. What he did was mostly front and read end restyling. Note the wagon, which he said might have turned out something like a Volvo P1800.
          Jim K.
          63 Hawk

Comment

In the first picture, note the model on the table. That is the model that was made of his later rethinking of the 53-54 4-door sedan to make it look more like the 2-doors.

Check out http://deansgarage.com/2009/bob-marc...-and-chrysler/ for some more details, but it was great to hear it directly from him. (There's an earlier thread about the web site.)

The other talks at the Studebaker Insights sessions were also very informative.
            Jim K.
            63 Hawk

Comment

This one looks like a re-styled '66. However, it would have been a nice offering in '67. The '53 throw-back on the tail styling was a really nice touch.

Now that's just nice!

Really cool front end. Once again with influence from the '53-4 model year. Did this fellow go on to work in GM's Pontiac division?

Updated Starlight coupe! Very cool! I would love to see what the front end treatment would have looked like.

WAITAMINIT!! Oh, I get it, the front end is the one preceeding this one! Oh, too cool! I really love this one! It would have spanked the competition in sales!

Nice Hearse. Looks like the styling that Ford put on their Mercurys of that era.
              Last edited by studeclunker; 06-04-2010, 01:15 PM. Reason: remove sig. pics, insparation
              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

[QUOTE=studeclunker;462606]

This one looks like a re-styled '66. However, it would have been a nice offering in '67. The '53 throw-back on the tail styling was a really nice touch.

I did ask Bob about the Plum color, and he stated he saw it on a brand-new at the time Buick Riviera, and told managment it should be on Studebaker's color palatte. And it did appear as a Spring Color (P6490). GM's Plum Mist was a metallic color while Studebaker's Plum was not.

Craig

Comment

The seminar was professionally recorded, audio and video, and is available on DVD. It is a 2.5 hour recording.
                  The cost is $15.00 post paid in the USA
                  cstude1@cox.net I can take paypal and credit cards.

Comment

Is there no interest in this seminar CD? Bob Markes, Richard Vaughn, Sid Rosen and Charles Oelfke are very informative and entertaining.
                    Chuck

Comment

The future renderings are really nice. There are some really nice touches, described above, that make the cars look really new.
                      I seem to remember seeing some of these illustrations quite a while ago in Turning Wheels.
                      Rog
                      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                      Smithtown,NY
                      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Nothing said about the engine for 1967, would have hoped it would have increased to a 327 and a 350 for 1968.
                        101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Originally posted by clonelark View Post
                          Nothing said about the engine for 1967, would have hoped it would have increased to a 327 and a 350 for 1968.
                          We were actually in discussions in 1965 for adding the 327 engine in the 1966 model mix as a late model year addition.

Stu Chapman

Comment

I had never seen these before and really enjoy the posts since. I never go a day without learning something on the Forum.
                            Thanks to all who participate.
                            Nick

Comment

Originally posted by cstude1 View Post
                              The seminar was professionally recorded, audio and video, and is available on DVD. It is a 2.5 hour recording.
                              The cost is $15.00 post paid in the USA
                              cstude1@cox.net I can take paypal and credit cards.
                              I want one! Can we order it from www.studebakerparts.com?
                              Paul
                              Winston-Salem, NC
                              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Working...
                              X