Name:	HPIM2007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	1731761Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM2008.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1731762

It may be "re-sale red," but it doesn't look beat up to me. Assuming it runs, it looks like a "cruise to the drive-in" car to me. How little do you think you should pay for a complete (with interior), running 62 year old Studebaker, Bob???????????
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Certainly not THAT kind of money, that's for sure!!

Here's the story:

I saw it walking around at the Syracuse Nats. Really is as beautiful as the pictures infer. Instantly I pulled out my cell phone and called the number. I had cash in my pocket. I was told, "sorry, already sold". I asked how much more it would take to get them to cancel the sale and sell to me, and they said they couldn't do that, the buyer had already taken the paperwork. I said OK and goodbye, but it seemed strange that the sign was still on there, so I pulled it off and tossed it in the trash can. A few hours later I happened by and it was back on there! I called AGAIN and got 'oh, it's not for sale, dunno why that sign is on there'. My guess is it was somebody playing a prank on their friend. Then I was irritated that they'd gotten my hopes so high for nothing; so I took the sign with me, tore it in half, and threw it in another trash can severtal hundred feet away.

Imagine coming onto a legit deal like that... <drool>

Comment

Originally posted by bams50 View Post
        Certainly not THAT kind of money, that's for sure!!
        Then I was irritated that they'd gotten my hopes so high for nothing; so I took the sign with me, tore it in half, and threw it in another trash can severtal hundred feet away.
        I am curious as to why you thought it was appropriate to remove something from a total strangers car??? Did you ever consider that the sign was a "prop" and the vehicle never was for sale? Seems a double standard exists, you removed part of this display yet chastise others for taking parts at Glendale.

Comment

Originally posted by Collection Doctor View Post
          I am curious as to why you thought it was appropriate to remove something from a total strangers car??? Did you ever consider that the sign was a "prop" and the vehicle never was for sale? Seems a double standard exists, you removed part of this display yet chastise others for taking parts at Glendale.
          OOPS! Awkward...
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Too Many Doors!
            Brian
            Brian Woods
            woodysrods@shaw.ca
            1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

I pity the fool I see taking a sign off my car,if I was walking back to the car from a restroom trip or whatever.
              If it isnt your car keep your hands off.
              Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

LOL.
                He did it not once, but TWICE...and bragged about it!
                That'll teach those so-and-sos to have fun without reading our minds and emotions.

Way to represent, tough guy!
                Andy
                62 GT

Comment

Seemed like the thing to do at the time. It sure seemed to be just somebody's attempt to get people worked up over nothing. Nobody likes to get jerked around. Maybe it wasn't the right plan. Maybe mentioning it to event officials would have been better.

Comment

Originally posted by bams50 View Post
                    Seemed like the thing to do at the time. It sure seemed to be just somebody's attempt to get people worked up over nothing. Nobody likes to get jerked around. Maybe it wasn't the right plan. Maybe mentioning it to event officials would have been better.
                    You seem to miss the point. In short, you had no business doing anything to the person's car without their permission even if the car was not for sale. Review your past posts about others that have removed items from vehicles without permission. What you did is no different than what you have so publicly chastised others for doing in the past.

So what if the sign indicated it was for sale and it was not? How has that harmed you? Why would you feel that it was your responsibility to do anything at that point? Event officials have far greater issues to deal with than your unhappiness over a sign. Perhaps you need to broaden your vision on the world to allow others that do not share your narrow viewpoints to enjoy life in peace and without interference.
                    Last edited by Collection Doctor; 06-06-2010, 01:28 PM.

Comment

While I may not have taken the sign, I think comparing that to stealing a valuable part off a car is entirely a different thing. I think most folks would come to a similar conclusion.
                      Bill Pressler
                      Kent, OH
                      (formerly Greenville, PA)
                      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                      All are in Australia now

Comment

I was taught a long time ago, if it ain't yours don'ta toucha nothuin!

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
                          While I may not have taken the sign, I think comparing that to stealing a valuable part off a car is entirely a different thing. I think most folks would come to a similar conclusion.
                          The simple fact remains that BAMS made the decision to remove an item from a car that he did not own and did so without the permission of the owner. Is the value of the item now the determining factor between right and wrong? When growing up, I was taught to respect the property of others but it appears BAMS was not raised with the same values. Just another example of the disconnect between the positions that he espouses and the actions he takes.

Comment

Originally posted by Collection Doctor View Post
                            The simple fact remains that BAMS made the decision to remove an item from a car that he did not own and did so without the permission of the owner. Is the value of the item now the determining factor between right and wrong? When growing up, I was taught to respect the property of others but it appears BAMS was not raised with the same values. Just another example of the disconnect between the positions that he espouses and the actions he takes.
                            I think you're being a little hard on BAMS. I met him at the South Bend swap meet last month and found him to be a very nice and friendly fella.
                            sigpic
                            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Working...
                            X