I want to TOOT someone Horn....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to TOOT someone Horn....

I normally do not get into tooting someones horn but in this case I must. Around four years ago I purchased all new glass for my 1954 Commander Coupe, and as you all know restorations take longer than expected. I just recently starting installing the glass in my car. Installed the front glass first no problem, got to the rear window and guess what. I could not make it fit. Tried three different times. I finally phoned the vendor that I purchased my glass from and talked with him and he actually went and measured another glass that he had. After three weeks we finally determined that my glass was the wrong size. Vic PHILLIPS from CLASSIC AUTO GLASS sent me another rear window and I only had to pay the freight. The window is perfect and the car really looks great now. I know he really did not have to do that with the amount of time that had transpired since my purchase, but this just goes to show IF YOU LOVE STUDEBAKERS AND SELL PARTS IT JUST NOT ABOUT THE MONEY, It is about seeing the car completed correctly. I just want to say THANKS VIC, If you ever come east call me I owe you dinner.
    Domenic Manera, Fire Chief
    City of York Fire Department
    York, SC 29745
    1954 Regal Starlight Coupe

Last year I made my first and only trip to South Bend for their big swap meet and gathering. While eating breakfast alone, I noticed a family with Studebaker logo's on their jackets. I wandered over and it was Vic and some of his family. Couldn't have been nicer or more gracious to a total stranger. Good folks and they have been supplying glass to Studebakers for as long as I can remember.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I bought my side glass from Vic last year in South Bend. Fit great. Bought my windshield from Roy Graham (NOS) from Marmora, Ontario. Turned out to be the wrong size and Roy's son delivered the proper one to my house! Seems Stude vendors share the same ethics, especially those long retired from their dealerships. They should have their horns tooted
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Vic's great to deal with.

Bought 2 pieces right around the time of the Omaha meet.
        We met right off my towns highway exit, made the transaction, free shipping : ), chit chatted,
        And off they went.
        61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X